Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Colts C Phil Costa retires at age 26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Way to jack up the GMs offseason game plan. At least he had the decency to do it before the draft, but Indy had other options on the table when Costa signed last month.
Good, hope it ruins the Colts O line. 

They can just spend their first rounder on Marcus Martin...oh wait...

He was so tired of being cold 9 months of the year, playing for a drunk, and constantly having the hands of a neanderthal on his crotch that he decided to call it quits and move to Florida. Can't blame the guy.

Quote:He was so tired of being cold 9 months of the year, playing for a drunk, and constantly having the hands of a neanderthal on his crotch that he decided to call it quits and move to Florida. Can't blame the guy.

Lol
Quote:He was so tired of being cold 9 months of the year, playing for a drunk, and constantly having the hands of a neanderthal on his crotch that he decided to call it quits and move to Florida. Can't blame the guy.

Would be funny if he wasn't signed a month ago...

Derp.
Quote:Would be funny if he wasn't signed a month ago...

Derp.

I'm assuming it was a medical issue that forced him to retire. Is it that bad for him?
Is he any good? Can he un-retire in about a month?

Quote:Is he any good? Can he un-retire in about a month?

The Colts line has been horrid, so I doubt it
Quote:Would be funny if he wasn't signed a month ago...

Derp.

Which makes his reason for moving to Florida even more disturbing.
Quote:I'm assuming it was a medical issue that forced him to retire. Is it that bad for him?

All I've heard is he decided to retire because "the physical toll of football was too much for him" or something along those lines...

Quote:The Colts line has been horrid, so I doubt it

Uh... He never played for the Colts, you do realize this, right?

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?
Quote:All I've heard is he decided to retire because "the physical toll of football was too much for him" or something along those lines...

Uh... He never played for the Colts, you do realize this, right?

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you?

Knowing who did or didnt play for the Colts is not a measure of intelligence
Quote:Knowing who did or didnt play for the Colts is not a measure of intelligence

I don't think you need to worry about that.

When commenting about a team it would help (but obviously is not required) to know a little something about said team.

(Somewhere Andrew Luck is chuckling.)
Quote:Knowing who did or didnt play for the Colts is not a measure of intelligence

Exactly what Adam said.

Then don't comment on something you know nothing about....

Pretty much sums up all your posts.
He's had a few injuries and missed most (if not all) of 2012 IIRC due to injuries to his back/legs.  I don't know the details of his injuries but back injuries (especially for a big man) are rough ones to deal with.  I had a back injury in my early years of high school (almost 10 years ago now) and it still plagues me from time to time.  He's young and probably has future health in strong consideration here.   I can't blame him for that one bit.

If he's saved his money even remotely well he should have enough to retire on too.  I hope for his sake he has and he finds success in whatever he chooses to do outside of football.

Quote: 

Then don't comment on something you know nothing about....

But that would eliminate almost the entire message board. 
Quote:But that would eliminate almost the entire message board.
burn! is that a record? Roasting probably 95% of the board at once?
Quote:burn! is that a record? Roasting probably 95% of the board at once?

It's all in fun, but geez some folks take this soooooooo seriously.
Quote:It's all in fun, but geez some folks take this soooooooo seriously.

Calling someone out for being a ditz (not you, but badger), does not mean you take things too "seriously". If by your definition no one took things too "seriously" there would be no entertaining conversations on this board. It would just be everyone agreeing with each other. No one wants that Smile

Quote:Calling someone out for being a ditz (not you, but badger), does not mean you take things too "seriously". If by your definition no one took things too "seriously" there would be no entertaining conversations on this board. It would just be everyone agreeing with each other. No one wants that Smile

I agree.