Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jacksonville Jaguars Rising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Figured I would post this here for those that have not come across it yet.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000341998/article/jacksonville-jaguars-rising-with-gus-bradley-and-david-Caldwell

I guess it's official now.

In 2016, this team will be in a deep playoff run. I'm expecting a push for 8-8 next year, and a wild card spot in 2015. The Jags are headed in the right direction. It'll be a slow and hard push, but they will pull it off.

Still no good QB and no premier pass rusher.

Quote:Still no good QB and no premier pass rusher.

.I know, right?!?!?! It's like, why even bother with this whole fan thing! I just hate it when other people are having a good time too man. Drives me nuts.

I know! Let's go around to a bunch of threads and write Debbie-Downer stuff in 'em! That'll show those people that are all optimistic and stuff! Whaddaya say?

*breaking*

I can be pleased with moves that are made and feel good about Bradley and Caldwell, but I can't get excited about this team until we have a QB.
The juice is flowing strong. It's an exciting time to be a Jags fan. I can't wait to see what the next several years bring us.
I feel positive about Gus and Bradley and they have a clear cut plan which i like. But i agree with JagsFanClubofMD in that we still need to find our QB.

You are absolutely right.

:whistling:  Wallbash

It is April of offseason 2 for these guys.

The draft is still 3 weeks away.

Give them time.
I think everyone agrees we still have a long way to go but it is refreshing to see a decent article(At least as far as Nfl.com is concerned) that isn't "Jags suck and are moving".
The comment about signing Mack should rub some here the wrong way.  How dare Schein say it was a good thing to go after Mack even though we didn't end up with him.  Clearly he doesn't know the definition of failure.  He should really reference New Jersey to get some expert feedback on failures.

Great article.  Adam Schein has always been a guy who seems to have a soft spot for the Jags.  He was selling them as America's team back in the day.  I know he's been critical in the past, but like most others have made note, this is a new era in Jags football, and it appears we've got the right owner, personnel guy, and coach in place to build something special here.  It won't happen over night, but it's going to happen.

Quote:The comment about signing Mack should rub some here the wrong way.  How dare Schein say it was a good thing to go after Mack even though we didn't end up with him.  Clearly he doesn't know the definition of failure.  He should really reference New Jersey to get some expert feedback on failures.

Great article.  Adam Schein has always been a guy who seems to have a soft spot for the Jags.  He was selling them as America's team back in the day.  I know he's been critical in the past, but like most others have made note, this is a new era in Jags football, and it appears we've got the right owner, personnel guy, and coach in place to build something special here.  It won't happen over night, but it's going to happen.

Back in the day when I listened to Sirius radio a lot he was always blasting the America's Team stuff.  I always thought it was funny when people took it literal and would get all up worked up about it.  Sometimes he's off the mark but Adam is usually pretty good with his opinions.
Quote:<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Look for the Jags to be big draft-day winners and keep building. Look for them to be even more competitive this year.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">Playoffs? No. Progress? Without question.

<p style="font-family:arial, verdana, helvetica;color:rgb(34,34,33);">It took Carroll and John Schneider a few years to build theSeahawks. Give Bradley and Caldwell time. They are en route to building something Jags fans can be proud of.

Schein's summation sums it up nicely. ^

"AMERICA'S TEAM!"

Because we are the most unpopular team, that causes some to root for us

Hey, welcome aboard
This is thanks to having a great owner with a great vision. He's brought in personnel with a great vision and patience to do it the right way. It's been a very long time since there has been so much positivity on this team from the media (yes there are those still out there that show their ignorance daily). But for the most part, people see the what this team could be (like many of us).

Thank you Mr. Khan for having the vision and patience to lead this team back into relevance and hopefully future championships!! 

GO JAGS!!

The premature exuberance over Gene Smith's first offseason gives me pause, but I like where this team seems to be headed.

I like Caldwell's stated philosophy.

The players really seem to believe in Bradley.

This draft is loaded in talent and the Jaguars are in a position to get some really good players.

I think the free agent moves are decent-quite possibly very good.

I can definitely see us closing the gap some on Indy and Tennessee-even if it doesn't necessarily reflect in the standings.

Not that I think Tennessee is light years better than us because we beat them last year.  But I think from top to bottom, their roster is better at this point.  But with their coaching change, you have to figure for some transitional difficulties as they get guys to fit their schemes and weed guys out who don't.  It'll be something similar to what we went through last year, though not quite as dramatic.

As for Houston...if they do nothing else other than to solve their QB issues temporarily (even for a season or two), I can see them bouncing back in a big way short term.  While I think their 3-4 will be different than what they ran under Wade Phillips, they have enough talent there such that the transition won't be so extreme.  I think you'll see their D-Line get bigger.  I would say transitioning from a zone blocking scheme to a more conventional scheme would be a major issue for most teams, but Offensively, the Texans have enough going for them, especially on the OL, to make a relatively smooth jump.  One caveat, though.  If Houston somehow comes out of the first round without Clowney, Mack or hitting on a franchise QB, I think they will have botched the draft.
Big ol gulp o' Gus Juice!!!

Maybe we'll be better... maybe. Personally, I'm pretty tired of our arrow pointing up "under the radar".

So if we are "America's Team" does that mean Ricky Stanzi won the QB battle?

Our elite WR tandem makes up for an average QB.  Also, our shut down secondary will allow for a few extra seconds for the pass rush to get to the QB.
Pages: 1 2