Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars.com live with Luke Joeckel just started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nevermind its not live, but I guess you can discuss lol

It's over but they posted it in video form Smile

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...12c307d5dd

Quote:It's over but they posted it in video form Smile

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...12c307d5dd
Yeah I just watched it.  Luke said he thinks he will be back for training camp.
Luke's going to have a much improved season. Best of luck to him.

I look at it like the Jags are playing with an extra 2nd overall pick this year.

I just hope his terrible play was because he was uncomfortable on the right because if he's like that on the left we're going to be in trouble. 

I think terrible play is a bit harsh. He was bad against KC but a lot of teams struggled against them in the first half of the season. KC got 10 sacks on Oakland in one game for example.

Plus it was his first game, Do we remember Monroe's first game against the Colts. Freeney and Mathis had a good day to say the least.

Quote:I think terrible play is a bit harsh. He was bad against KC but a lot of teams struggled against them in the first half of the season. KC got 10 sacks on Oakland in one game for example.
Matt Flynn had the pocket awareness of Blaine Gabbert.
Quote:I just hope his terrible play was because he was uncomfortable on the right because if he's like that on the left we're going to be in trouble. 

Terrible?  He had an adjustment period early on as most rookies do. When he moved over to the left he looked pretty good before the injury actually.  I have no complaints and I think the's going to be everything advertised.
Quote:Matt Flynn had the pocket awareness of Blaine Gabbert.
That is just not possible.  Gabbert was a deer lost in headlights. He would often spook himself into trouble.
Quote:Terrible?  He had an adjustment period early on as most rookies do. When he moved over to the left he looked pretty good before the injury actually.  I have no complaints and I think the's going to be everything advertised.
Exactly. 

Even he has admitted he had a hard time adjusting to the right side.  When he finally got back to his natural position, for 14 plays and a week of preparation, he was finally in his element and comfortable. 

He's going to be everything advertised now that he's had a year to continue to learn the nuances of the NFL, and to study film.  I'm sure we'll see some rust early on, but this guy is going to be a fixture on the line for a long time.
Quote:I just hope his terrible play was because he was uncomfortable on the right because if he's like that on the left we're going to be in trouble. 

He was stone walling Robert Quinn before the injury, there's a reason why Luke was heralded as one of the best LT prospects since Joe Thomas, it's because he's really good.
Quote:I look at it like the Jags are playing with an extra 2nd overall pick this year.

unfortunately, coming off a broken leg, it should be looked at like we are playing with an extra 2nd round pick this year.  with the injury, his value would have dropped.
Quote:Plus it was his first game, Do we remember Monroe's first game against the Colts. Freeney and Mathis had a good day to say the least.

Monroe was either on skates or a human turnstile the entire game.

Joeckel didnt not look as bad in his first game and he was on the right side where he was uncomfortable and staring down Justin Houston and Tamba Hali for christs sakes.

Clowney vs Joeckel will be interesting
Quote:Clowney vs Joeckel will be interesting

In practice you mean?
Quote:In practice you mean?
Texans taking Clowney first overall, so no.
Quote:Texans taking Clowney first overall, so no.
. Clowney will show up for one play then take the rest of the game off to not risk injury
Quote:In practice you mean?
I see what you did there...and I like it