Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Henne ($4,000,000 / year) -- Tom Savage ($600,000 / year)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice job

Yeah, that's horrible. Wallbash  Henne is so gone.

Savage is still on his rookie contract.

Draft vs. FA...

Henne might have won that game. We'll never know.
Many a back up QB has come in and lit it up, only to fall back to earth.

I remember a certain guy, I think he was named Tad Benne or something like that coming in and lighting it up against these same texans for like 400 with a WR named Dustin Backgamon, only to later come back to reality.

Quote:Henne might have won that game. We'll never know.

We were told that handsome salary was because Henne was one of the better backup QBs in the league, a guy that could come in and operate the offense at a functional level if need be. Since Bortles could rarely do that, one wonders why Henne was never an option. One of two things have to be true in that regard. Henne really isn't that good and not worth that salary or the coaching staff was clueless. I could easily believe either.
One game.
Quote:One game.

This.
The franchise deserves a good amount of criticisms.  This is not one of them.

It amazes me how many people are so worried about Henne

Quote:One game.

Yep, so they got more out of their $600k investment in 1 game that we did out of our $4m investment in an entire season.
Quote:The franchise deserves a good amount of criticisms.  This is not one of them.

Turning a blind eye to potential talent while making our backup QB the highest paid backup QB in the NFL

.... why should that be criticized?  
Scary part was some of the reasoning to keep henne was to be a "mentor" for bbint.

How's that working out for us?
Quote:Turning a blind eye to potential talent while making our backup QB the highest paid backup QB in the NFL

.... why should that be criticized?  

He's not the highest paid backup.
Quote:Scary part was some of the reasoning to keep henne was to be a "mentor" for bbint.

How's that working out for us?

[Image: 200.gif#5]
Fournette
Cut this money waster of a backup QB.

Quote:Yep, so they got more out of their $600k investment in 1 game that we did out of our $4m investment in an entire season.

how much do you pay a month for that $4 million dollar investment? or did you pay cash? did khan split it with you 50/50? or maybe he bought the beer and you paid for henne?