Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus will be appearing at the Town Center today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Didn't take long for Gus to get back on his feet again .....

[Image: Santa-Claus-taking-break-in-armchair.jpg]

Come on now...I didn't like the guy as a coach either but this is taking it to far. He just got fired, let him go in peace now.

I will say of all the coaches in the league, Gus seems to be the guy I wouldn't pile on.  There's not much of a reason for this...Khan and co. should have fired him a year or two earlier.  We sucked an extra year or two because he wasn't fired.

Quote:I will say of all the coaches in the league, Gus seems to be the guy I wouldn't pile on.  There's not much of a reason for this...Khan and co. should have fired him a year or two earlier.  We sucked an extra year or two because he wasn't fired.

And if he had gotten fired a couple of years ago, he would probably have been in line for another chance as a head coach.  But now, with the worst record in history, he won't get that second chance.  So, in hindsight, getting fired a couple of years ago would have been better for him. 
Poor Gus and his multimillion dollar salary he's received for losing almost 50 games in 4 years. The salary he'll continue to receive sitting on his couch next year. He had a pretty sweet gig here. I like Gus as a person he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure being fired has upset him some but he had to know it was coming. I'm also sure one quick look at his bank account eased some of the pain.
The team ruined his hire-ability by allowing him to stick around.  In all fairness, he ruined the franchise.  He will probably get a mercy position on Pete Carroll's staff.

Quote:Poor Gus and his multimillion dollar salary he's received for losing almost 50 games in 4 years. The salary he'll continue to receive sitting on his couch next year. He had a pretty sweet gig here. I like Gus as a person he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure being fired has upset him some but he had to know it was coming. I'm also sure one quick look at his bank account eased some of the pain.

Dude is so nice that I'm sure he's now in the process of letting the Front Office know that he's going to forgo the $3.5 million that he has on his Contract for the 2017 Season.
Quote:The team ruined his hire-ability by allowing him to stick around.  In all fairness, he ruined the franchise.  He will probably get a mercy position on Pete Carroll's staff.

We essentially ruined his hire-ability by letting him show his (lack of) head coaching capabilities.
Somebody needs a hug.

Quote:We essentially ruined his hire-ability by letting him show his (lack of) head coaching capabilities.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a gig as a posistion coach with the Chargers, Jets, or Rams.
Quote:The team ruined his hire-ability by allowing him to stick around. In all fairness, he ruined the franchise. He will probably get a mercy position on Pete Carroll's staff.
I was thinking this exact thing halfway through the season
Being fired from the job you love is demoralizing no matter how much money you have in the bank. Even when you knew it was coming it still sucks. 

Kill his hire-ability? Look around man. Bouncing out of Jacksonville is solid for a coaches career right now