Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Did I hear that right?!?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was listening the to archived Jaguars Thursday Radio Show and I could have sworn that I heard Lageman say that Mularkey is now on the Tennessee staff.

Good luck to you guys!

Yes.

[Image: mularkey_mike_ci.jpg]

I gotta admit, that kinda makes me happy.

If we can somehow make Mularkey throw a clipboard next year, it will make my month.

I bet they signed him because he knows both the plays in our playbook.

Joke's on them though, cause Fisch is gonna draft a whole new playbook with a whole lot more plays once we get a QB!

Quote:If we can somehow make Mularkey throw a clipboard next year, it will make my month.

If that were to happen, I will not be responsible for my actions for say.... the next 48 hours or so. I can't even imagine how I would react.
Those TEs better be ready to stand at attention for the National Anthem

Ugh....when are people ever going to learn....?

Mile Mularkey/ Jack Del Rio/ ......heck even guys like Carl Smith, Mike Tice and so on....aren't bad choices as POSITION coaches on an assistant staff....

Where you get into trouble is when you annoint these people beyond their capacity to succeed and give them HEAD COACHING positions. None of them should be head coaches. Ever again. 

Quote:Ugh....when are people ever going to learn....?

Mile Mularkey/ Jack Del Rio/ ......heck even guys like Carl Smith, Mike Tice and so on....aren't bad choices as POSITION coaches on an assistant staff....

Where you get into trouble is when you annoint these people beyond their capacity to succeed and give them HEAD COACHING positions. None of them should be head coaches. Ever again. 
If the Jags brought him in to be the TE coach the Jags would be bashed by you like always.  Its the Titans though so its not a bad choice!
Quote:If the Jags brought him in to be the TE coach the Jags would be bashed by you like always.  Its the Titans though so its not a bad choice!

Him? maybe because of dierct prior history here. But as a position coach, I could accept it. 

Backing up the points that I made in the post - I praised the Jags for adding Mike Tice as a position coach back in the 2000's. The point is just because these guys are losers as HEAD coach, and I wouldn't want ANY of them as HEAD coach, doesn't make them lousy assistant position coach options. Usually quite the contrary. Norv Turner is another perfect example.  

Quote:Ugh....when are people ever going to learn....?

Spoken like someone who has been repeatedly passed over in favor of such candidates.

Mularkey is actually a decent TE coach.  He's a horrible head coach, not a very good offensive coordinator, but as far as position coaches go, especially at that position, he's solid. 

Granted, the pool is probably a little shallow for TE coaches, but they could do worse than Mularkey.

The hiring of MM as head coach of the Jags still baffles me to this day.

I agree though that he's probably a decent position coach, but head coach, I just don't get it.

Quote:The hiring of MM as head coach of the Jags still baffles me to this day.

I agree though that he's probably a decent position coach, but head coach, I just don't get it.

Tried giving that move the benefit of the doubt, but he wound up being a lesson learned for the owner, and the first order of business when Caldwell arrived. Nice guy. Lousy head coach. He was more focused in having helmets lined up properly during stretching than calling the right plays on 3rd and long. He inherited a really team and somehow managed to make it worse.

I guess we can thank him for getting us Caldwell and Bradley, so there's that.
Quote:Tried giving that move the benefit of the doubt, but he wound up being a lesson learned for the owner, and the first order of business when Caldwell arrived. Nice guy. Lousy head coach. He was more focused in having helmets lined up properly during stretching than calling the right plays on 3rd and long. He inherited a really team and somehow managed to make it worse.

I guess we can thank him for getting us Caldwell and Bradley, so there's that.

Yeah, it turned out to be a good thing that he was such a bad head coach b/c it was much easier to let him go after one terrible season.

If he was somehow able to turn the Jags into a much improved team headed in the right direction in his 1 season here, there really would have been no way to let him go.

I know that was very unlikely to happen given the lack of talent on the roster, but look at what Gus did in the 2nd half of the season with an even worse team then MM had to work with and no JB to boot.
I've tried my best to blackout the Mularky year from my memory.

Quote:I gotta admit, that kinda makes me happy.

You also gotta admit, who cares who your tight end coach is
I imagine the Tight Ends do.