Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Gene Smith was picking at 3?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If Gene Smith was drafting at pick 3 in this years draft who would he pick? I personally think he would draft the LB Mack, small school thing..lol
He definitely wouldn't be looking around for multplie trade back deals. He'd probably take Johnny Football when you think of it.

A kicker from a division 3 school
Jimmy Garoppolo - QB - E. Illinois

Pfft he was known for playing it safe in the first round, he'd probably take Bridgewater.

Proly Will Sutton

Quote:If Gene Smith was drafting at pick 3 in this years draft who would he pick? I personally think he would draft the LB Mack, small school thing..lol
Gene would give up pick 3, 2nd round and 4th round to trade up to pick 1 and then draft LB Mack. LOL...
Quote:Gene would give up pick 3, 2nd round and 4th round to trade up to pick 1 and then draft LB Mack. LOL...
Lol!!! This sounds right!!
Quote:Pfft he was known for playing it safe in the first round, he'd probably take Bridgewater.

The safest pick would be one of the tackles. Either Matthews or Robinson.

He would have probably traded Blackmon by now too. He was pretty miffed after his first DUI.
Joe Smith from the  South Dakota University of Cattle

At #2 last year, Gene Smith would have selected Luke Joeckel.

At #3 this year, Gene would probably select Anthony Barr or Mike Evans.

Quote:He would have probably traded Blackmon by now too. He was pretty miffed after his first DUI.
It hindsight that might have been a great move!  
Related question.

Suppose Caldwell's first two picks this year are Mack from Univ of Buffalo and Garoppolo from N. Illinois?

How much heat would he get from the fans with memories of Gene Smith still fresh?
Quote:Related question.

Suppose Caldwell's first two picks this year are Mack from Univ of Buffalo and Garoppolo from N. Illinois?

How much heat would he get from the fans with memories of Gene Smith still fresh?
This would bring familiarity home in my eyes.
Quote:Related question.

If it was Caldwell: "He did an excellent job scouting and is willing to take risks and go against the grain."

If it was Gene: "Oh God. Another small school prospect? Why won't he draft any players from the SEC?"
The difference is these kids are projected to be picked that high.

Smith just wanted to outsmart everyone else by picking someone like Alualu in the top 10 or bringing in a bunch of small school kids for visits instead of potential first rounders.

He'd draft Jackson Jeffcoat, then talk about how Jeffcoat was at the top of his board, and he knew that the Jaguars couldn't have traded back without losing him.

He would probably draft Jake Mathews
Quote:The difference is these kids are projected to be picked that high.

Smith just wanted to outsmart everyone else by picking someone like Alualu in the top 10 or bringing in a bunch of small school kids for visits instead of potential first rounders.

This

I think he let being gm get to his head
I don't know who he'd pick, but I do know he wouldn't comb his hair before hand.
Pages: 1 2 3