Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are the Jags needs after our FA's besides QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would say DE, CB, LB, RB, C, TE
C, OG, WR, Pass Rush, LB, CB in that order
QB ...I saw the topic header, but had to put it number 1 anyways with Henne and no one.

WR ...with Blackmon suspended, one of the worst active WR corps in the league.

OC ...no faith in the winner of a battle between Brewster, McClendon, Stankiewitch, and Lewis.

OG ...need an upgrade over non-developing Rackley.

Leo ...Clemons is a nice aging patch, but Branch and Babin could not get the job done.

OLB ...very marginal group beyond Poz in the middle.

RB ...like a challenge for Todman and Robinson in the backup/rotation role.

DT/NT ...like an upgrade for depth/rotation behind Miller given his medical return.  
Stars. Outside Poz, we have none. We have potential, but we need players to take the next step.
It would probably be less time consuming to state the positions we don't need.

Quote:I would say DE, CB, LB, RB, C, TE

You list running back but not guard?
Starters:

QB / C / G / FS

Depth/Youth:

CB / DE / DT / WR / TE / C / G

I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 interior lineman picked.
Beadles and Brewster are serviceable along with Rack.

Blackmon will be back. WR are dime a dozen

I agree we still need alot but Johnny Jaguar will fix most of the offense
Quote: 

WR ...with Blackmon suspended, one of the worst active WR corps in the league.

I wouldn't say that. The Jags have four receivers that can produce 100 yard games at any time in Blackmon, Shorts, Sanders, and even Mike Brown.
Quote:C, OG, WR, Pass Rush, LB, CB in that order
^^ this
Quote:C, OG, WR, Pass Rush, LB, CB in that order
I would add safety in before CB, and put LB at the 3 spot, but other than that, you had my list.
Besides the obvious hole(s) at QB. If I assume Justin Blackmon comes back and plays the whole season then WR isn't a big need. But with a shot at a player like Sammy Watkins I think we have to be open to that possibility. I will also assume we land Alex Mack at C. We need a guard or two, DE, LB, TE, RT, CB.

Leo

C

RG

WR

FS
Quote:I would say DE, CB, LB, RB, C, TE
As I said before Center is vital they didnt really prepare for Meesters retirement (especially under Gene but Dave shouldve too)

If they dont sign Mack they might get a value C for depth & draft.

The DE was filled with Seattle's Big Red to replace Tyson Alualu (he'll be depth / line change) and Clemons (Leo depth / line change babin falls behind him but hopefully Clowney is the starter)

LB i think they will draft Mack if Clowney isnt taken but I do see a LB FA possiblity

Rb they got Toby so thats done

TE will be drafted in the later rounds (although if they trade down they could shock us with a TE in the 1st)?  A couple good value TEs in FA might happen.