Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: cap question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much of this years salary can we carry forward to next year?

And have we reached the 89% of this years that all teams need to be at?

Quote:How much of this years salary can we carry forward to next year?

And have we reached the 89% of this years that all teams need to be at?

That 89% thing is often misunderstood; it isn't for just one year. You must spend up to 89% of the Salary Cap over a four year period.

Repeat after me; You must spend up to 89% of the Salary Cap over a four year period.
According to Alfie...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">...if the Jaguars signed no other players going forward they would have $33 million in cap room (derived from league salary cap vs. Jaguars total cap) to roll over to 2015, giving them over $100 million in cap space.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/10/5...ree-agency

You know, I have a feeling this organisation is going to take on the same fingerprint model as Shad's auto parts industry.. Massive...

Latest figure Ive seen is they have 25M right now. After rookies probably we can carry about 18M into next year. 

Should be a lot because we didn't sign anyone big outside of beadles.

Quote:Latest figure Ive seen is they have 25M right now. After rookies probably we can carry about 18M into next year. 
Thats 18m but some of the current players will not be here next year so it probably will be higher. 
I'd save back at least 12 mill for next season. Don't ever let the wallet have breathing room.

Quote:According to Alfie...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">...if the Jaguars signed no other players going forward they would have $33 million in cap room (derived from league salary cap vs. Jaguars total cap) to roll over to 2015, giving them over $100 million in cap space.

<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

<p style="margin-left:40px;">http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/3/10/5...ree-agency
According to Alfie on March 10th.

We've signed a bunch of free agents since then who will not only count against this year's cap but also against next year's cap.

Those figures would be completely different now.
Quote:According to Alfie on March 10th.

We've signed a bunch of free agents since then who will not only count against this year's cap but also against next year's cap.

Those figures would be completely different now.

My post was more about showing that you can roll the money over.

The one thing this team has little concern about is the salary cap.  They've done a smart job with the players they released and how they've been going about rebuilding this roster in assuring they don't over-extend.  They're setting this up for something, and I think the Mack deal shows they want to have the resources available to spend where they see necessary.