Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Get Better Every Day!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So on Gus Bradley Is Fired Day I have yet another topic to discuss.  If we look past all the rah rah stuff, is there a flaw in the "Get Better Every Day" philosophy?   Can you really get better every day?  Is getting better every day a flawed concept?  Does getting better every day mean you are only concerned about yourself?  Is this an anti-team philosophy?  Is this where Bradley went wrong?  Is it as simple as that?  Did Bradley simply not focus enough on being an actual team while he was a head coach?  

"Can you really get better every day?"

Man i hate you guys
If getting better every day was a flawed concept, there would be no meetings, workouts, or practices. The only reason for any of that is to get better every day.

Quote:If getting better every day was a flawed concept, there would be no meetings, workouts, or practices. The only reason for any of that is to get better every day.

But ... they didn't ACTUALLY get better every day ...

I'm not sure they got better any day.  
I don't understand

One aspires to the mantra because it does ultimate good

A flawed philosophy can't be flawed if it is not philosophical
They regressed every day.

Quote:But ... they didn't ACTUALLY get better every day ...

I'm not sure they got better any day.  

There is an expression out there I heard years ago . . . "You only fail if you don't try." Does that look familiar?
Quote:There is an expression out there I heard years ago . . . "You only fail if you don't try." Does that look familiar?

They failed at trying.
Quote:They failed at trying.

They tried and failed.
Quote:There is an expression out there I heard years ago . . . "You only fail if you don't try." Does that look familiar?

Your posts prove that completely wrong.
Let's be honest, for the first time in a looooooong time the Jaguars got better last night.

They why get better?  Why not just keep "trying"?
Quote:They why get better?  Why not just keep "trying"?

People keep trying because if  they don't, nothing will be accomplished.

They failed at trying.
Get Better (at losing) Every Day!

Quote:So on Gus Bradley Is Fired Day I have yet another topic to discuss.  If we look past all the rah rah stuff, is there a flaw in the "Get Better Every Day" philosophy?   Can you really get better every day?  Is getting better every day a flawed concept?  Does getting better every day mean you are only concerned about yourself?  Is this an anti-team philosophy?  Is this where Bradley went wrong?  Is it as simple as that?  Did Bradley simply not focus enough on being an actual team while he was a head coach?  

If you don't set clear, high standards and hold people accountable...any leadership philosophy will fail.

*Exception: Unless you have a team made of a majority of ultra-talented self-starters who essential lead/manage/coach themselves*
Quote:Let's be honest, for the first time in a looooooong time the Jaguars got better last night.
right. lol