Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NY judge: ex-fiance can keep $53K diamond ring
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

NY judge: ex-fiance can keep $53K diamond ring

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - A text message to his jilted fiance has cost a western New York man $53,000.

Louis Billittier Jr. broke up with his bride-to-be in 2012, sending the bad news by text message. When his girlfriend, Christa Clark, replied angrily, he texted back, "Plus you get a $50,000 parting ring. Enough for a down payment on a house."

<div style="color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:rgb(255,255,255);text-align:left;">

Read more: http://www.myfoxny.com/story/25175315/ny...z2yCVFHayS

</div>

Lol Thats what happens when you don't man-up and break it off in person.

He said she could keep the ring...did he think she wasn't gonna keep it?
Quote:He said she could keep the ring...did he think she wasn't gonna keep it?

Yep....I don't blame the woman here. This is pretty cut & dry. He told her she could keep it. His fault. He's actually a jackass for expecting her to give the ring back after he said that. 
Quote:Yep....I don't blame the woman here. This is pretty cut & dry. He told her she could keep it. His fault. He's actually a [BAD WORD REMOVED] for expecting her to give the ring back after he said that.

Exactly! And what kind of dirt bag breaks off an engagement by text????
Quote:Exactly! And what kind of dirt bag breaks off an engagement by text????

Sammy? Smile
Never put anything in writing. What an idiot.

He was drunk.

Quote:Exactly! And what kind of dirt bag breaks off an engagement by text????

I'm sure both sexes are sleazeballs like that, in todays society. 

I do agree thats a bush league move. 

Quote:I'm sure both sexes are sleazeballs like that, in todays society.

I do agree thats a bush league move.
Better than only men getting to be sleazeballs like in the "good ol' days."

That's progress.
Speaking of the "good ol days" what ever happened to the good old fashioned wedding band? Why must I go into debt for a 25k wedding, a 50k ring, and a 5k honeymoon?

And it'll only last 5-6 years!

Sheesh!

*single life*
Quote:Speaking of the "good ol days" what ever happened to the good old fashioned wedding band? Why must I go into debt for a 25k wedding, a 50k ring, and a 5k honeymoon?

Sheesh!

*single life*

Since the diamond companies began pushing the idea of the size of the diamond or the cost of it proves how much you love her.

The wedding industry is a HUGE racket!!!
Quote:Speaking of the "good ol days" what ever happened to the good old fashioned wedding band? Why must I go into debt for a 25k wedding, a 50k ring, and a 5k honeymoon?

....and then the lawyers will give her half your money....lol

Quote:Since the diamond companies began pushing the idea of the size of the diamond or the cost of it proves how much you love her.

The wedding industry is a HUGE racket!!!

Truth