Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game of Thrones y'all!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It's back tonight! Who will live? Who will die? Who's gonna get nekkid?
I'll take "Who is everyone" for $100, Mr Trebek
I know the answers to your questions, but I refuse to answer them.

I'm glad that Oberyn turned out fairly accurate to the original story. He's a really intriguing - although minor - character in the story.

I'm loving the Game of Thrones tv series. I haven't read the books, so I do the best I can to avoid spoilers. Looking forward to the next episode this Sunday. Eventually I'll get around to reading the books too. 

Quote:I'm loving the Game of Thrones tv series. I haven't read the books, so I do the best I can to avoid spoilers. Looking forward to the next episode this Sunday. Eventually I'll get around to reading the books too. 

A word of warning regarding the books; I started reading those things back in '97 - Freakin' '97 man!!! - and he is still not done with the series some 18 years later.
Quote:A word of warning regarding the books; I started reading those things back in '97 - Freakin' '97 man!!! - and he is still not done with the series some 18 years later.

Why? Are you that slow of a reader??? Tongue
Arya = Carl?

Quote:Why? Are you that slow of a reader??? Tongue

Life is tough when you're this dum.
Quote:Life is tough when you're this dum.

Good thing you're cute, huh? At least you've got that going for you! :woot:
Quote:A word of warning regarding the books; I started reading those things back in '97 - Freakin' '97 man!!! - and he is still not done with the series some 18 years later.
Yeah I've seen comments online where people are worried he'll die of old age before it happens. Also, I read that George R.R Martin gave the tv series producers the outline to how the book should end. Just in case that scenario does occur. 
Quote:Good thing you're cute, huh? At least you've got that going for you! :woot:

D'awwww shucks. Now I'm all blushy.
Quote:D'awwww shucks. Now I'm all blushy.

Big Grin
He's DEAD!  And boy did he deserve it!

They should have drug that death out for years more. The anticipation I had for that is one of the main reasons I liked the show. To me he was the only true villain the show was going to have. It would have been great to see him grow up and become the feared tyrant Palpatine type of guy just because of the character weight it would develop.

This guy seems to think the only way to achieve suspense is to kill off a character. But he's killing off all the interesting people.

Quote:They should have drug that death out for years more. The anticipation I had for that is one of the main reasons I liked the show. To me he was the only true villain the show was going to have. It would have been great to see him grow up and become the feared tyrant Palpatine type of guy just because of the character weight it would develop.

This guy seems to think the only way to achieve suspense is to kill off a character. But he's killing off all the interesting people.

In my mind, Joffrey had to die for the same reason that Ned Stark did; they were too extreme. Ned was too good of a man, too honest and forthright  to fit into the story. The cast of characters would have - and did, I guess - torn him apart since he was so extreme to one end of the spectrum. Joffrey was the same way. He was too dirty, too mean, and too downright evil to stick around. For the story to unfold, you need characters that kind of "roam" the spectrum of personalities.

All of the characters are good some of the time, and all of them are bad some of the time. Ned and Joffrey were neither.
In all my years of reading, I was never happier to read about the death of a character as In was when reading of Joffrey Lannister's demise. Deacon is right, he had to go, and he had to die an unheroic death.

Quote:To me he was the only true villain the show was going to have.

Believe me, one thing that is for certain in the world of AsoIaF, there is no lack of characters. There are plenty more villains currently in the show, and there are plenty more that are much worse on the way.

And to parrot the other guys, yeah, Joff had to die. Some deaths you can see coming a mile away, and when I was reading the book, that one felt about as sure as any of them to me.

Quote:<div>
They should have drug that death out for years more. The anticipation I had for that is one of the main reasons I liked the show. To me he was the only true villain the show was going to have. It would have been great to see him grow up and become the feared tyrant Palpatine type of guy just because of the character weight it would develop.

</div>
Nah man...Ramsay Snow looks to be pretty dern evil.  Shoot even, the girl he was hunting with in the last ep. seems pretty messed up.
I really wish South Park didn't spoil his death earlier this year. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4