Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Johnson cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:“As an organization, we want to thank Chris for his contributions to the Titans. Chris produced many memorable moments, broke franchise records and was durable over his six year career with our team,” Titans G.M. Ruston Webster said in a statement issued by the club on Friday.

“We have had an open dialogue with Chris’ agent, Joel Segal, over the last few weeks, and we appreciate the patience and professionalism they have shown throughout this process. We made an effort to trade Chris but were unable to do so. We wish Chris the best and thank him for the six seasons he spent with us.”

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/titans-release-chris-johnson'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/titans-release-chris-johnson</a>

Any ideas where he'll end up?
Give him a call. Offer him something reasonable? Would be a good change of pace guy, but somebody else will offer him a starting gig I think.
Patriots. Just cause they would
Quote:Give him a call. Offer him something reasonable? Would be a good change of pace guy, but somebody else will offer him a starting gig I think.
No thank you!  Not that it's a bad idea, but i simply can't root for that guy.  Ever.

I have always hated Chris Johnson, he just seems like the Titans in a nutshell, and I HATE the titans.  But I am not gonna lie, a one-two punch of Gerhart and Johnson would get me a little excited as a fan.  We don't have much game breaking speed and thats what he brings.  That being said, I would rather draft Seastrunk or Archer in the middle rounds, or The Black Mamba late in the draft and call it a day.  With Gerhart, DRob and one of those three we could bring the speed and power.

Not a chance he ends up on the Jags.

He'd be a nice pick up, but i'd rather see the Jags draft an RB.

I could see him ending up on the Patriots for some strange reason.

Titans ran him into the ground, I was surprised to read he only has missed one game his entire career and also that he has put up atleast 1000 yards every year since he was drafted.

He would be a great RB to complement Gerhert but most likely would want too much money. 

Quote:Patriots. Just cause they would

The Pats wont pay him though. They will try to sell him on "play for a ring".
Arizona or Pit