Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dakota Watson Evaluation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Forgot to post this when we signed him.  This is from the twitter user @NFLosophy. His evals are always very solid. He watches all the tape and is pretty unbiased. 

http://nflphilosophy.com/wp-content/uplo...r-Eval.pdf

LB – Dakoda Watson
Size: 6-1, 226

Production: 263 snaps, 2 QB sacks, 2 QB hits, 3 QB hurries, 28 tackles, 6 assists, 2
missed, 17 stops, 1 interception, 0 passes defensed, 67.9 QB rating against

Positives: Superb athleticism and very good speed. Surprisingly physical and a good
tackler for his size. Gets low and willingly takes on downhill blocks by the FB.
Displays a willingness to be physical. Very good in chase and pursuit. Runs well in
coverage. Better man coverage than zone. Very good blitzer due to his closing speed
and is good at finding the necessary alleys to get to the QB.

Negatives: A little lighter than the ideal SLB. Comes off the field in nickel. Needs to
learn a better feel for zone coverage. A little aggressive and is susceptible to play
action. Slightly inconsistent in his play from game to game.

Summary: Watson was a pleasant surprise on film. Shows a good ability to do
everything well. He doesn’t flash but does everything really well. Size and durability
is a concern but he’s a 2 down linebacker that projects as a solid starter. He can
cover a tight end, take on a block by the fullback, and attack the edge as a very good
pass rusher. Watson found a groove late in the season and if he continues to
improve upon his technique and becomes more consistent, he’ll be an above average
starting linebacker in the league.
Can rush the passer. Sounds promising
I like him

I saw some clips on NFL.com. Check it out. Just type in Dekoda Watson and click on videos. He does have really good speed. I hope he turns out well.

He is a sleeper for sure. I think he was misused in Tampa. Bradley and Caldwell obviously had him pegged as a high priority signing and got a deal done quickly with him. I would not be surprised if he ends up a signing similar to Ball or Marks from last year.

Get Better Every Day.

With the upgrades to the DLine, this makes every player better.

With the addition of a very good DE, everyone gets a lot better.

I would love for the back half of our season have QB's fixated on the next missile coming off the end at them

While worring of course that someone get thru the front.

When they go down hard........................................................

HeadSlap

Liked him @ FSU

I think fans may be unfairly critical of him because he will never be a superstar, but we all know he's athletic, and he's still in his prime so I think it will be interesting to see how it goes. 

I see he can rush the passer. Sounds promising.
Uuuhhhhh?  Sounds promising.  But can he rush the Qb?

Can pass the promising. Sounds rushing.

Why can nobody get this guy's name right? It's Dekoda Watson. Dekoda. Not Dakota, not Dakoda, not Dekota. Not that hard, either.

Quote:Why can nobody get this guy's name right? It's Dekoda Watson. Dekoda. Not Dakota, not Dakoda, not Dekota. Not that hard, either.

Settle down, BJTender.
Quote:Settle down, BJTender.
That's funny Smile   Be careful...  You might have to give yourself a warning.
Dumb question but what is the criteria for a "stop" (vs a "tackle") ?

Production: 263 snaps, 2 QB sacks, 2 QB hits, 3 QB hurries, 28 tackles, 6 assists, 2
missed, 17 stops, 1 interception, 0 passes defensed, 67.9 QB rating against
Quote:Why can nobody get this guy's name right? It's Dekoda Watson. Dekoda. Not Dakota, not Dakoda, not Dekota. Not that hard, either.

You gonna write me a ticket? 
Passer, he can rush. Promising, he sounds... MmmmHmmmm....

Quote:Settle down, BJTender.
Ok, Shigh Core. Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3