Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Flashback - Caldwell talks firing Mularkey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's take a trip back in time to Caldwell's first press conference with the Jaguars...

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/cald...din/nTsW7/

January 10, 2013

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">Caldwell said he’s going to bring “a track record of success” to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">“From my time in high school, college…My time in Indianapolis, my time in Atlanta…I’ve always continued to be part of a sustainable winner.  I’ve never endured a sustainable losing team.”

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">He said the benchmark for his success for the team will be “continuous improvement.”

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">“Even when excellence is evident, I still want us to continually improve,” Caldwell said.

Oh, how the resume has changed since then.

Now Caldwell can say he's endured a sustainable losing team.

A sustained loser is now a part of his "track record."  Only question is, will he continue the track record of losing in Jacksonville, or will he make the right decisions on HC and QB in his second chance at both?

Are the Telvin Smith's and Jalen Ramsey's going to matter in the end if we're going to get more Gus Bradley's at HC and Blake Bortles' at QB?

Caldwell inherited a team of bad draft picks from the Smith era and old Del Rio castoffs.

He was true in every sense.
This is Caldwells last shot and he knows it.

I think we are going to go with Mike Smith because it's the safe option, and he's know Mike.

I don't believe Bortles is tied to Caldwell being fired or not. They said that when we drafted him. However, we must win for Caldwell to be in charge. So it's more of a indirect link to Bortles.
Quote:Caldwell inherited a team of bad draft picks from the Smith era and old Del Rio castoffs.

Mularkey is in the conference title hunt.  I don't have to tell you what Gus did.  (Or maybe I do... since you don't seem to have noticed?)
He's in the hunt b/c the AFC South sucks, todays win for the titans was there best win of the season with 2 games left. What does that tell you?

Quote:Caldwell inherited a team of bad draft picks from the Smith era and old Del Rio castoffs.

Assuming Cyp isn't on the team next year, There will not be a single player left on the roster from his first draft when we possessed the #2 pick. Caldwell isn't an innocent bystander. 
Quote:Let's take a trip back in time to Caldwell's first press conference with the Jaguars...

http://www.wokv.com/news/news/local/cald...din/nTsW7/

January 10, 2013

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">Caldwell said he’s going to bring “a track record of success” to the Jacksonville Jaguars.

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">“From my time in high school, college…My time in Indianapolis, my time in Atlanta…I’ve always continued to be part of a sustainable winner.  I’ve never endured a sustainable losing team.”

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">He said the benchmark for his success for the team will be “continuous improvement.”

<p style="font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);font-size:1.167em;margin-left:40px;">“Even when excellence is evident, I still want us to continually improve,” Caldwell said.

Oh, how the resume has changed since then.

Now Caldwell can say he's endured a sustainable losing team.

A sustained loser is now a part of his "track record."  Only question is, will he continue the track record of losing in Jacksonville, or will he make the right decisions on HC and QB in his second chance at both?

Are the Telvin Smith's and Jalen Ramsey's going to matter in the end if we're going to get more Gus Bradley's at HC and Blake Bortles' at QB?

he's a liar...and a loser. However...as usual with Jags fans...there will be many who "support" him...as they did Gene and as they did Gus 2 seasons ago when other folks knew he was no good. Our fanbase is almost as bad at football related things as Dave is. He has missed on finding us a HC...and he has missed on finding us a franchise QB...IMO..that makes anything else he has done, which isn't much...irrelevant. 
Quote:Mularkey is in the conference title hunt. I don't have to tell you what Gus did. (Or maybe I do... since you don't seem to have noticed?)

You do know most GMs want to bring in their preferred coach right?

Mularkey took over a team with much more talent in Tennessee than what he had here.

2012 for Mularkey was a lame duck year.
Quote:You do know most GMs want to bring in their preferred coach right?

Mularkey took over a team with much more talent in Tennessee than what he had here.

2012 for Mularkey was a lame duck year.

The more reason he should be accountable and be out looking for a job with Gus.
Quote:The more reason he should be accountable and be out looking for a job with Gus.

I said this in another thread Dave brought in the talent the coaching is what hindered the offense.

The Oline albeit still porous did a much better job this year than last.

The positions that regressed a lot were QB, and TE
Caldwell has stuck his foot in his mouth on a couple of occasions.

Quote:He's in the hunt b/c the AFC South sucks, todays win for the titans was there best win of the season with 2 games left. What does that tell you?

Meh, teams make the playoffs all the time off the backs of terrible divisions, hell the Pats do it almost every season, you roll with what you got.  The tacks could just as easily look like this trash team