Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: SI.com gives us........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
An A Smile

http://nfl.si.com/2014/03/26/2014-nfl-fr...rades-afc/

A side note: ESPN gave us a B+..... Not bad coming from them.......

An A in March is usually a F in December...

Because we're LAZY.

Quote:An A in March is usually a F in December...

Really?
Quote:An A in March is usually a F in December...
Did you eat some sour grapes this morning? :\
apatel, are you still a weird fat kid like you were at bolles?  you still seem bitter and sad.

Quote:apatel, are you still a weird fat kid like you were at bolles? you still seem bitter and sad.

Dude. Chill.
Quote:apatel, are you still a weird fat kid like you were at bolles? you still seem bitter and sad.

Lol I went to Bolles for 8 years
Quote:Because we're LAZY.

Crap, we have to go another 10 yards?
The Jags were the only team that SI gave an "A" grade to for the AFC. Interesting, given all the players Denver added. 

2 teams got an "A" in the NFC - Chip Kelly's Eagles, and the Buccaneers. 

Wow

Womp womp.

Typically the flashy moves earn As in the off season and flat out don't work come season end. The only difference this year is the B+ teams have made the flashy moves and the jags were recognized for making smart moves.

More importantly As are as meaningful to me as Fs. It's March.
Quote:Womp womp.

Typically the flashy moves earn As in the off season and flat out don't work come season end. The only difference this year is the B+ teams have made the flashy moves and the jags were recognized for making smart moves.

While yeah, its too early to start proclaiming success outta these moves, it seems that it wasn't only the Jags that were recognized for making the lesser profile smart moves. The Eagles and Bucs also made their share and got A's too. 
That's good. Grain of Salt !!
Cyper bullying aint coo man. 

Quote:Womp womp.

If it makes you feel any better, Prisco gave us a B.

Mike1989

I think I'd give our moves an 'A' for value and flexibility. The team has managed to pick up some good players that should hopefully improve the team, and for those that don't, the contracts are built in a way that allows the team to move on in a couple of seasons without the burden of a ton of dead money. So far I think Caldwell has made some smart moves. Now whether these moves turn into stars for the team, or at least productive players that helps us to that next level is yet to be seen.  

Its true. The best run organizations typically stay out of the 'high-price' free agency(i.e. Zane Beadles). I believe the Packers got 3rd and 5th round compensatory picks this year. They essentially traded Greg Jennings for a 3rd round pick. That's great personnel management.

However, it's a good thing that the kind of free agents the Jags signed, except for Beadles, are stop-gap solutions, and their contracts reflect as such.

Quote:Cyper bullying aint coo man.

I'm much more old school myself.
Good use of roster bonuses by Caldwell. Much better than using signing bonuses for future years salary caps. It's all about competition.
Pages: 1 2