Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Reportedly Kahn couldn't wait. Said....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
" Dave and I agreed we should do it now to give him in his family a chance to regroup and enjoy Christmas".

I think they weren't convinced he wasn't the man going forward until todays collapse.
Dave should be getting the boot too.

Which is a scary thought. Khan needs help from a football standpoint. Come on Coughlin!
Quote:" Dave and I agreed we should do it now to give him in his family a chance to regroup and enjoy Christmas".

I think they weren't convinced he wasn't the man going forward until todays collapse.

Based on what?  
Quote:Dave should be getting the boot too.
maybe... but maybe not yet. At the very least, Dave Caldwell has used up his 'mulligans' given the results of his choice of HC and franchise quarterback. The next selection had better work out better than what we've endured with Gus or we could be in the market for a new GM too. So, not only are we now in the market for a new HC, but we're going to probably be needing to draft a prospective franchise quarterback too since Bortles has so completely imploded this season.

...nice going Dave.

CHRISTMAS CAME EARLY THIS YEAR FELLAS!!!

I can start wearing my Jags gear again, finally. Ding dong the which is gone. Thank goodness.
Quote:" Dave and I agreed we should do it now to give him in his family a chance to regroup and enjoy Christmas".

If that's true, then they are both idiots.
Quote:Based on what?
I may be reading into this

But it appears he may have had a chance to stay had we won convincingly today and the next games.

Think about this.

They fired him in Houston...

What a delima for Gus.

Does he fly home with the team?

Does he address the team?

Wow....

I actually believe had we won the last games...He'd have a chance at next year
Quote:If that's true, then they are both idiots.
I see nothing that tells me he was going to be fired if we won out.

Today's game got Kahn's hopes up.

And the collapse and loss pushed him too far...

I really wanna know what they would have done had we won out....

Intriguing
It couldn't wait til Monday morning?

The fact that Khan is consulting with Caldwell on anything related to football is scary.

Quote:It couldn't wait til Monday morning?
I don't think they were gonna fire him unless he lost the rest of the games.

And I think we were doing so well in the first part of the game that kahn actually got excited. And the collapse later in the game killed it completely
Quote:I see nothing that tells me he was going to be fired if we won out.

Intriguing

The Jaguars had 11 loses BEFORE today and until about a month ago had one of the better injury situations in the NFL.   The expectations of Shad Khan and Dave Caldwell this season were much higher than an 5-11 finish,  after a 2-11 start.    The Jaguars had to make a Head Coach change regardless what transpired in the last 3 games.    Though change can be difficult to adjust to,  this is one of those situations it which it was absolutely necessary.   
Quote:I don't think they were gonna fire him unless he lost the rest of the games.

And I think we were doing so well in the first part of the game that kahn actually got excited. And the collapse later in the game killed it completely

Outside of firing the guy as he's getting on the team plane to return home, Khan doesn't seem like the reactionary type to me.  I just have a hard time envisioning most owners as making coaching decisions emotionally considering most of them are accomplished businessmen and that's not how you get successful in business.  I could see Snyder or Irsay doing something like that, but that's about it..  It seems a little out of character for Khan.
Quote:I may be reading into this

But it appears he may have had a chance to stay had we won convincingly today and the next games.

Think about this.

They fired him in Houston...

What a delima for Gus.

Does he fly home with the team?

Does he address the team?

Wow....

I actually believe had we won the last games...He'd have a chance at next year

Reports say he was on a week to week leash up to this point. Again he was done after this year no matter what he did, your delusional to think anything to the contrary.
It will be interesting to see how this actually played out in the coming days.

Bottom line.................It had to be done!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...he-search/
Good riddance.  :down:

Quote:It will be interesting to see how this actually played out in the coming days.

Bottom line.................It had to be done!

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/18/jaguars-fired-gus-bradley-because-they-wanted-to-start-the-search/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/18/jaguars-fired-gus-bradley-because-they-wanted-to-start-the-search/</a>

That link says they decided a coach change after vikings so it probably wouldnt of mattered what the outcome of final 3 were
Quote:I see nothing that tells me he was going to be fired if we won out.

Intriguing

Today's game got Khan's hopes up?

The body of work plus good judgment clearly showed that Bradley was not fit to be an NFL HC which was evident as early as the end of his first season.

For an owner to be swaying from game to game at this point shows me he lacks the leadership and judgment necessary to build a winning team.  If this is true, this is greatly concerning.
Pages: 1 2 3 4