Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fred Taylor Career highlights via Jaguars.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...e3f2de72c1

Didn't know this video existed, ahh the memories <3 Freddy

Clearly the best Rb in jaguars history. I sure miss watching him break guys ankles and long runs. Great memories
I love Fred Taylor and hope he goes to the HOF. 

So much shake and bake with the speed to run away from anyone and the power to break tackles prolly the most physically gifted back ever if only he had stayed healthy those early years he be top 5 in rushing easy
He got flat out robbed by Tom and the writers for Offensive Rookie of the Year.  Tom should have kept him in to rack up touchdowns and perception for the reward.

One of those special players.  So awesome.

Congrats Fred you get a 11 minute video and a complete [BLEEP] whooping the day you retire a Jag. 

Did Troy Polamalu ever tackle Fred?

Quote:Did Troy Polamalu ever tackle Fred?

Probably not. Polamalu wiffs on many occasions.
Quote:Did Troy Polamalu ever tackle Fred?

He doesn't like to get his hair mussed up!!
Quote:He got flat out robbed by Tom and the writers for Offensive Rookie of the Year.  Tom should have kept him in to rack up touchdowns and perception for the reward.

Love Fred Taylor, but gotta disagree here....at least on the part that Fred was robbed for the OROY award. He was just unlucky to have been a rookie the same year as the freak of nature WR Randy Moss was a rookie. Randy was just as deserving of the award as Fred. On almost any other year, Fred would have walked away with the award in a landslide. 
Quote:Love Fred Taylor, but gotta disagree here....at least on the part that Fred was robbed for the OROY award. He was just unlucky to have been a rookie the same year as the freak of nature WR Randy Moss was a rookie. Randy was just as deserving of the award as Fred. On almost any other year, Fred would have walked away with the award in a landslide.

The difference of being on the Vikings and being on the Jags...
Quote:The difference of being on the Vikings and being on the Jags...

Well, maybe it does suggest that with similar numbers the Jaguar will often cede to the bigger market/ more nationally popular team for accolades, however, I'll repeat, Moss' numbers were just as deserving of the OROY award as Fred's. In almost any other year, Fred walks away with the OROY award in a landslide. 

Did I miss where Fred punished Mike Doss?

Quote:Did I miss where Fred punished Mike Doss?

any relation to Tandon?
One of the more physically gifted RBs int he last 20+ years. Easily my favorite player in team history.
Man I watch that video and remember the multitude of times exuberance befell me in the stands back then. Every time Fred had the ball it was "here he goes" throughout the stadium. Tom Coughlin knew how to build a team. Fred Taylor, John Henderson, Tony Brackens, Marcus Stroud, Jimmy Smith, Keenan McCardell, Mark Brunell, Kevin Hardy, Donavin Darius, Rashean Mathis, Joel Smeenge, Kyle Brady, Tony Boselli, Brad Meester, Leon Searcy.

Wow.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

i got into the nfl in time to see some incredibly talented runners and as much as I'm thankful for getting into football in time to see mjd and adrian peterson run i'm always gutted at some of those i missed

fred taylor is one of them

i think you could argue his juke move is the best in nfl history

Looking at this video never gets old. One thing I can always tell my children when I have some is that I got to see one of the best to ever play the game. The excitement every time Fred touched the ball was amazing; he could take a carry that should have been a loss of 5 yards and turn it into a 60 yard touchdown. 

He is by far the best player to ever wear a Jaguar uniform in my opinion and even though I hate the Gators he will go down as one of my favorites to ever play the game.
Two things from that video:

1.Fred's little stutter step was a thing of beauty...I never tired of watching him do that!!

And

2. Damn if we didn't used to have the best uniforms in the league back then!!!!
Pages: 1 2