Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: On NFL Network Ike Taylor said Fred Taylor is the hardest player to tackle.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Finally he gets some national cred.

Fred is still playing?  

Fred's been extremely hard to tackle since he's not been on the field for a few seasons now.  Can't tackle what you don't see. 

Quote:Finally he gets some national cred.

I guess Jim Brown saying Fred was one of the best running backs of all time wasn't enough?
That's awesome
Quote:I guess Jim Brown saying Fred was one of the best running backs of all time wasn't enough?

Yep, I remember that. 

And Jim was right. 
Freddy-T bka Fragile Fred was/is the best RB to Jaguar date...

NH3...
Quote:Freddy-T bka Fragile Fred was/is the best RB to Jaguar date...

NH3...

That nickname wasn't fair and discredited a lot of Freddy's accomplishments.
Im a youngin and I watched a few of his games from the 90s and he reminds me of Adrian Peterson a little bit
Fred was at my local Dick's sporting goods grand opening in Panama City Beach, FL, signing autographs this past Saturday. Of course, I had no clue till Sunday, but was able to procure an autographed photo from an employee. Wink
Quote:Im a youngin and I watched a few of his games from the 90s and he reminds me of Adrian Peterson a little bit

You mean Peterson reminds you of Fred...

Fred is the man.  Best Jaguar to put on a uniform, IMO.
Quote:You mean Peterson reminds you of Fred...

Fred is the man.  Best Jaguar to put on a uniform, IMO.
Yep.  ^
One of the greatest to play the game!....and my All time favorite Jaguar.

[Image: pg2_g_fred_taylor_400.jpg]

I remember when people were sayng MJD will overtake Fred's team all time rushing yards. 

When Vic said he ran up Mount Rushmore and hit every tree on the way, it let me know right away that you can't take any good RB and accomplish 10,000 yards.  MJD was great, but Fred was the best.....and still is.
I haven't seen a lot of NFL games in person besides Jaguars games, but Fred is the best football player I've seen in person. Amazing combination of size and speed. I saw Herschel Walker three times when he was at UGA, he was close but hard to tell with lesser competition.

Quote: Smile 

I can't believe how long I just spent watching an NFL game without a commercial.

You know in this days NFL, they would have cut to commercial probably as soon as Fred ran into the endzone....

My how times have changed (for the worse)

Quote:That nickname wasn't fair and discredited a lot of Freddy's accomplishments.

I agree!!
He has always seemed to me as shifty and as hard to tackle as MJD but faster. Thank you buffalo for the pick Wink
Remembering those Freddie chants still gives me goosebumps
I miss Freddy and ill miss MJD too. As great as Fred was and I maintain if he'd stayed healthy he may have set records MJD was a pretty good follow up to him.
Pages: 1 2 3 4