Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hoping That Our Cornerbacks Can Breakout This Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Smile

Fantastic examination of how and/or why this will happen.

Quote:Fantastic examination of how and/or why this will happen.
More pressure duh.
Quote:More pressure duh.

Another year in the system, depth to push them for playing time, evolution of our scheme, a better run stopping front, and yes, more pressure.
  • :thanks:
Wallbash

Watch out guys.

This thread might be ESPN's Subway Fresh Take of the Day

Here's to to Hoping, Preying, Wishing, Wanting and Believing...

NH3...
I wouldn't be surprised if we take one in the second or third.

Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if we take one in the second or third.

I've been thinking the same thing.
I, for one, would not like to see the Jags draft a corner early on.  I think Gratz/ Ball can be above average and hopefully McCray will be nipping at Ball's heels for a starting role. 

Also - we haven't even seen Jeremy Harris play yet. He's 6'2" and ran a 4.48 forty-yard-dash at his pro day. I think they should find out what they've got on the roster during the 2014 season at corner. A high draft pick may not be necessary. 

Mike Harris/Will Blackmon can hold down the nickel.  FS is the only place you might point to as a liability in the secondary - so that would be the only secondary spot I wouldn't mind them addressing in the first 3 rounds. 

I just think the team has too many greater needs that can easily be addressed in the early rounds. 
Quote:I, for one, would not like to see the Jags draft a corner early on.  I think Gratz/ Ball can be above average and hopefully McCray will be nipping at Ball's heels for a starting role. 

Also - we haven't even seen Jeremy Harris play yet. He's 6'2" and ran a 4.48 forty-yard-dash at his pro day. I think they should find out what they've got on the roster during the 2014 season at corner. A high draft pick may not be necessary. 

Mike Harris/Will Blackmon can hold down the nickel.  FS is the only place you might point to as a liability in the secondary - so that would be the only secondary spot I wouldn't mind them addressing in the first 3 rounds. 

I just think the team has too many greater needs that can easily be addressed in the early rounds. 

I'm with your line of thinking, barring that a guy they have rated way above everyone happens to slip for whatever reason.

I thought our secondary played decent last year considering the state of our pass rush.
Quote:I, for one, would not like to see the Jags draft a corner early on.  I think Gratz/ Ball can be above average and hopefully McCray will be nipping at Ball's heels for a starting role. 

If you have one of the top corners in your lap, it would be hard to turn them down unless there's a higher rated QB there as well.

Verrett, Fuller, or Roby may still be there and would be good values depending on what else is available.  I wouldn't mind Calvin Pryor there.  Imagine pairing him with Cyprien.

IBHOPING the team breaks out this year
Quote:If you have one of the top corners in your lap, it would be hard to turn them down unless there's a higher rated QB there as well.

Verrett, Fuller, or Roby may still be there and would be good values depending on what else is available. I wouldn't mind Calvin Pryor there. Imagine pairing him with Cyprien.

Would absoluty love to get Pyror in the 2nd. Cyprien and Pryor would be a potential Pro Bowl duo

9thwardSlim

We need a FS bad to complete our defense. I cringe every time we go single high coverage. There is no one on the roster that can man that middle third responsibility yet. C. Prosinski has the speed, but cant cover(man or zone). Gus cant turn his scheme up like he did in Seattle when they drafted E. Thomas. I hope they find a hidden FS gem in the draft. If we trade back I would not mine getting Ha-Ha. He would be perfect for Gus scheme. Only thing if that happens then we will have to depend on Clemens and Babin for pass rush this season. I think there will be any DE to make an impact after the 2nd round IMO. There's always next year's Draft & FA. Dave has to just keep building and plugging in pieces & we will be fine. 

Everyone giving up on Evans already?

Quote:Everyone giving up on Evans already?
I'm not.  He was just the rookie that showed the least last season.  He may make huge strides and I hope he does.  I'm just not as optimistic about Evans as I am about Cyprien and Gratz.  It would be amazing if Dave fixed FS with a sixth round pick - but I'm a little skeptical still. 
We have zero ball hawks. 

If a top CB fell into our laps in the 2nd round or 3rd round (unlikely) we'd be foolish not to give them a good consideration. 

I like Kyle Fuller. 

If they end up trading back from 3 I would love it if we looked at Gilbert or Dennard.  

Pages: 1 2