Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The real FA money. Beadles not overpaid at all.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Check out this list of what the real liable cost each big time FA got. Caldwell is a mad genius! Not all GM's operate like this. 

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jas...ave-an-out

<p style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:'proxima-nova-n4', 'proxima-nova', verdana, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">Zane BeadlesJaguars
Max deal: 5 years, $30M. Could be: 1 year, $10.5M

<p style="color:rgb(68,68,68);font-family:'proxima-nova-n4', 'proxima-nova', verdana, sans-serif;font-size:17px;">Beadles has his base salaries in 2014 and 2015 (worth a total of $6M) fully guaranteed, but his 2015 roster bonus of $2 million is not guaranteed for injury. So, in the event of a major health problem, the Jaguars would be totally protected moving forward beyond that $10.5 million cash outlay.

imo he's a lot better than those numbers would suggest, underrated even. 

Quote:imo he's a lot better than those numbers would suggest, underrated even. 

Will have to wait and see just like anything else. But it sure is a lot easier to sit back and enjoy the Jaguars build knowing we have a smart GM making smart deals. 
That contract for McFadden even before the "what it could be" is ridiculously low. McFadden healthy is better than most if not all of the FA RB. 

Beadles McFadden?

Wasn't he a pro bowler last season?

Quote:Wasn't he a pro bowler last season?

no, he was a football player. 
Quote:Wasn't he a pro bowler last season?

2013 Pro Bowl (for 2012 season.)

Our first Pro Bowl lineman since Vince Manuwai.
Quote:2013 Pro Bowl (for 2012 season.)

He's not a Jaguar Pro Bowler until he goes to the Pro Bowl as a Jaguar...

NH3...
Quote:no, he was a football player.

Was that American or European?

NH3...
McFadden may be less durable than Vick.
How did McFadden make his way into this topic? I'm confused (which happens a lot)

Quote:How did McFadden make his way into this topic? I'm confused (which happens a lot)

It's his way of telling us Caldwell sucks.
Quote:McFadden may be less durable than Vick.

McFadden and Miles Austin have something in common.
Quote:2013 Pro Bowl (for 2012 season.)

When did Manuwai make the pro bowl?
Quote:no, he was a football player. 
:no:
Quote:When did Manuwai make the pro bowl?

He wasn't but should have heck Freddy T was never voted to probowl went to 1 as alternate.
Quote:He wasn't but should have heck Freddy T was never voted to probowl went to 1 as alternate.
So that would make him our first official one since Boselli?

Wow.
I like the contract. I will say this though. Dude had better lock down his position and be elite at it, or it will be just a 2 year deal. I'm good with it either way. I hope he earns every penny, but if he under-performs, the team won't be on the hook long term for that salary.