Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ziggy Hood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello to all. Steeler fan here. First of all, I have no ill feelings toward your team or fans. Your management made the biggest mistake of any team in the FA market by taking Ziggy-worthless-Hood. Believe me, you will come to regret the day he signed. I couldn't wait to get rid of this load. I have watched him for years underperform and not contribute. The man gets ZERO penetration. At the snap of the ball, he stands up, punches the lineman that's blocking him in the chest and then stands there an pumps his legs. He may make a tackle on a run (after the back gets positive yardage) but even those were few and far between. He was the worst first round pick for us in decades. I watch every game and I could count on two hands the number plays he's made in the past three years. So THANK YOU for taking him off our hands. I have never been so happy to lose a player.

Troll
Is it possible that he didn't fit the steelers scheme? Either way he's going to be a rotational player and provide fresh legs. 

Quote:Hello to all. Steeler fan here. First of all, I have no ill feelings toward your team or fans. Your management made the biggest mistake of any team in the FA market by taking Ziggy-worthless-Hood. Believe me, you will come to regret the day he signed. I couldn't wait to get rid of this load. I have watched him for years underperform and not contribute. The man gets ZERO penetration. At the snap of the ball, he stands up, punches the lineman that's blocking him in the chest and then stands there an pumps his legs. He may make a tackle on a run (after the back gets positive yardage) but even those were few and far between. He was the worst first round pick for us in decades. I watch every game and I could count on two hands the number plays he's made in the past three years. So THANK YOU for taking him off our hands. I have never been so happy to lose a player.
He was brought in to play a different role in Jacksonville. He'll be rotating with our 3 technique DT Sen'Derrick Marks. If he doesn't prove to be effective doing so - his number of snaps will be low.  Our staff seems to think he may be better in this role than the one he played in Pittsburgh. 
Quote:Hello to all. Steeler fan here. First of all, I have no ill feelings toward your team or fans. Your management made the biggest mistake of any team in the FA market by taking Ziggy-worthless-Hood. Believe me, you will come to regret the day he signed. I couldn't wait to get rid of this load. I have watched him for years underperform and not contribute. The man gets ZERO penetration. At the snap of the ball, he stands up, punches the lineman that's blocking him in the chest and then stands there an pumps his legs. He may make a tackle on a run (after the back gets positive yardage) but even those were few and far between. He was the worst first round pick for us in decades. I watch every game and I could count on two hands the number plays he's made in the past three years. So THANK YOU for taking him off our hands. I have never been so happy to lose a player.
Not happier than we were when Blaine left.

Maybe he will suck for us or maybe our boy Gus will get him playing better than Lebeau could. Ya never know!
We will see. We all know he didn't do well in pittsburgh, but there is a belief he didn't fit the scheme. Obviously any steeler fan will be happy he's gone. I think everyone here is just going to watch and judge him on how he does here.
Marks sucked at TENN because he was played out of position. Not gonna judge hood until i see him in his new role.
To me it seem he just didn't fit the scheme. He was playing out of position as well as with the wrong technique. Bad combination for 85% of players in the league. He will play a totally different style of defense here and I'm quite confident he will produce and prove to be one of the better players in the league because of it.
If Bradley can't get the guy to improve, no one can.
Mods, please bounce the troll.
He mad
Quote:Marks sucked at TENN because he was played out of position. Not gonna judge hood until i see him in his new role.
This Marks was a 2nd round pick viewed as a waste, then he comes here and is our best DL man
Quote:The man gets ZERO penetration. At the snap of the ball, he stands up, punches the lineman that's blocking him in the chest and then stands there an pumps his legs.

In some defenses, that's called doing your job.  Keeping the linebackers clean to make plays, and plugging the hole/lane.  I don't understand where this misconception about DTs sacking the QB comes from. 
Maybe he does well for us, maybe he does not.

You're glad he's gone, and we're not sure what we have yet.

Seems fair all the way around. I'm not going to label you a troll for having an opinion on the guy. I do hope you're wrong though.

Unfortunately, although he is a troll, he is not alone in these thoughts on Hood in Pittsburgh.
I have hope he will do well under Gus & crew here in Jacksonville.

Well, we didnt really take him off your hands. Since youre a steelers fan just felt like saying I still cant stand Hines Ward or steelers fans.
U steeler fans gonna be sick when he comes in here and plays good for the Jags

Steelers fans are scared cause they see the moves we are making an they know the tide is slowly turning
One team's trash may be another team's treasure. As you see, we the Jaguars have the wait and see attitude w/respect to Hood being good or bad. Our staff has done a remarkable job within the past two years of adding players that fit our scheme and Hood should also fit like a glove.

Thanks for the input though...

NH3...
Pages: 1 2