Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2013 snaps at leo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone with advanced stat access dig up the snaps played at leo last year. I'm thinking babin leads the pack, branch follows, and davis plus someone else had the least. It'd be great to see snaps per down too.
Id also like to see branch's performance vs. Babin. Obviously Caldwell knows more but from the outside looking in, I see Babin and Branch as the same thing here and as such would've liked to see babin walk.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Babin- 764

Branch- 592

R. Davis- 106
Quote:Id also like to see branch's performance vs. Babin. Obviously Caldwell knows more but from the outside looking in, I see Babin and Branch as the same thing here and as such would've liked to see babin walk.

Just going by my memory here but Babin and Branch get their sacks in much different ways. Almost all of Branch's came off twists/stunts and delayed blitzed. 
Quote:Just going by my memory here but Babin and Branch get their sacks in much different ways. Almost all of Branch's came off twists/stunts and delayed blitzed. 

I recall the same, Branch was effective when he came off twists and stunts.  However, towards the end of the season it seems he was still getting pressure and using a second and third move which I was not accustomed to seeing.  Branch is developing quite properly, gaining confidence and moves.  He may not be the bend around the tackle edge rusher that he was advertised to be coming out of school but I think he can get double digit sacks if in the right scheme and given abundant opportunity.
Quote:I recall the same, Branch was effective when he came off twists and stunts.  However, towards the end of the season it seems he was still getting pressure and using a second and third move which I was not accustomed to seeing.  Branch is developing quite properly, gaining confidence and moves.  He may not be the bend around the tackle edge rusher that he was advertised to be coming out of school but I think he can get double digit sacks if in the right scheme and given abundant opportunity.
Yep.

He showed a little development later in the season.  One of his sacks (maybe a half-sack, actually) was on a straight up bull rush.  He showed good footwork and decent leg power on that one. Surprised me a little.  

Having Babin/Clemons/Branch/Davis/TBA Rookie to rotate or pair up as rushers will allow for Branch to be used creatively. So - even if he does still have to lean on stunts etc. to get home - it won't be a major concern. 

I'm excited to see this defense climb back out of the cellar and hopefully back into the upper half of the league rankings.  I think it's very possible with these additions coupled with Gratz/Cyp likely improving some in their second year.  These snap numbers should be very interesting to look back on a year from now.
Quote:Yep.

He showed a little development later in the season.  One of his sacks (maybe a half-sack, actually) was on a straight up bull rush.  He showed good footwork and decent leg power on that one. Surprised me a little.  

Having Babin/Clemons/Branch/Davis/TBA Rookie to rotate or pair up as rushers will allow for Branch to be used creatively. So - even if he does still have to lean on stunts etc. to get home - it won't be a major concern. 

I'm excited to see this defense climb back out of the cellar and hopefully back into the upper half of the league rankings.  I think it's very possible with these additions coupled with Gratz/Cyp likely improving some in their second year.  These snap numbers should be very interesting to look back on a year from now.

Agreed.  I think Branch learned a lot playing behind Babin.  Now he gets extra motivation to steal playing time from Clemons and Babin, should work out great for Branch's development. 

I hope you are right about this defense being in the upper half of the league - most importantly in points allowed, turnovers, and sacks/TFLs.
I didn't mean to make it sound as if I thought he couldn't develop those skills. I'm in agreement with both of you -- excited to see what he can become.
Quote:I didn't mean to make it sound as if I thought he couldn't develop those skills. I'm in agreement with both of you -- excited to see what he can become.
Understood.  And you are correct about how he got most of the sacks.
Branch did come along strong last year. Excited to see him next year. I'm hoping that the whole d line as a unit improves. Excited to see the double teams Red commands
Quote:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

Babin- 764

Branch- 592

R. Davis- 106
unless we draft another leo... i think it will look more like this year, give or take between babin and branch

clemons-500ish

branch-500ish

babin-250ish 

watson-150ish