Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas baby. Vegas.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe I read Vegas has the line set for us to win 4.5 games this year. Based on the events of the past few days, the knowledge we are not done in free agency and the firm belief this GM won't clown the deepest draft in years, I encourage all members of this forum to cash out those 401k options and make some cash before the line moves. A 1 game improvement is to be expected just with the additions we have made. Take it to the bank.
If I were a gambling man, I would take that bet all day long.

I would also drop 20 bucks on the superbowl odds. I'd lose that one, but then again, maybe not...

Yup, saw this yesterday. Gonna throw some money at this and probably a 100 on winning the Super Bowl because why not.
I'm going to Vegas next week... plan to make a couple of wagers on the Jags.  I do think they will exceed early expectations.  Smile

can someone post a link for this? thx
I also love how the Texans are expected to climb 6.5 games to our .5 games. They must have consulted TMD about Bill O'Brien.
*puts on best Bill Lumbergh voice*

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh........

I'm going to have to, go ahead and, disagree with you there.

Two seasons ago I put a large sum of money on the table that said the Jags would win at least 8 or 9 games.

...They won two.
How does that even work? It seems a bit ridiculous they would start taking bets when they have no idea what will happen in the next 6 months.
Quote:*puts on best Bill Lumbergh voice*

Yeaaaaaaahhhhhhh........

I'm going to have to, go ahead and, disagree with you there.

Two seasons ago I put a large sum of money on the table that said the Jags would win at least 8 or 9 games.

...They won two.

You bet on Mularkey? Eeeeesh.
I like what the Jags have done over the past few days, overall, but it just goes to show you that those moves, although in quantity, are small potatoes in the scheme of things. The 4.5 O/U hasn't moved despite all of them. Thats telling. 

A little reality/ wake up call. 

Actually, it doesn't.

Vegas lines are designed to make the house the most money by attracting the most bets on both sides of the line. The Jags are still under publicized in the National media, so why would they change the line?
Cash out the 401k eh? Yeah that is a brilliant idea.
Quote:I like what the Jags have done over the past few days, overall, but it just goes to show you that those moves, although in quantity, are small potatoes in the scheme of things. The 4.5 O/U hasn't moved despite all of them. Thats telling. 

A little reality/ wake up call. 

The 4.5 is the oddmakers' guess at public opinion.   That's all it is.   As you know, all the oddsmakers try to do is split the bets so the house can't lose.   Once (if) people start putting money down on the over, that 4.5 will move up.   It's not the oddsmakers' opinion of how things stand, it's the oddsmakers' opinion of how they think the public sees things.  

Since all these signings happened in the last two days, I'd wait a few weeks before I call it a reality check.   Let people put some money down and move that number. 

Quote:Cash out the 401k eh? Yeah that is a brilliant idea.

Double down.
Was out there last week. Took Phil to win Masters at 15/1 over jags winning superbowl at 200/1 or winning AFC at 75/1. What garbage odds!

Quote:Actually, it doesn't.

Vegas lines are designed to make the house the most money by attracting the most bets on both sides of the line. The Jags are still under publicized in the National media, so why would they change the line?

The line likely gets bumped up, if at least only a little bit had we signed a big ticket guy like Revis or Byrd & Mack. 

While the lines are designed to get money on both sides, people aren't stupid and realize that the Jags moves aren't really affecting that line, so no reason to bet any serious money on the Jags, ergo the number stays right where it is. 
I'm not confident we get 5 wins if Henne is still a starter this year.

Quote:The line likely gets bumped up, if at least only a little bit had we signed a big ticket guy like Revis or Byrd & Mack.

While the lines are designed to get money on both sides, people aren't stupid and realize that the Jags moves aren't really affecting that line, so no reason to bet any serious money on the Jags, ergo the number stays right where it is.

Yep. I think the bookmakers were probably waiting around for the Jags to pickup a center. That would have really gotten the money moving in.
Quote:Yep. I think the bookmakers were probably waiting around for the Jags to pickup a center. That would have really gotten the money moving in.
Hey those oddsmakers are always right. They were sure dead on about Atlanta and Houston last year at 10.5 and 9.5 wins.
Pages: 1 2