Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bradley's Power Point Presentation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have heard about it in a couple of the press conferences from new signings.  I really hope they put it on the Jaguars website one day with Gus narrating.  It must be amazing cause the reactions the players give is priceless once they are asked about it.

Pretty sure it's our scheme... couldn't imagine the team wants that to be public, lol

It's likely similar to the powerpoint that he uses during the fan forums. He basically uses a slideshow to tell some kind of motivational story while keeping it funny.

I heard this is what he showed to all the former Seattle players.

[Image: pyramid_scam.jpg]
Quote:I heard this is what he showed to all the former Seattle players.

[Image: pyramid_scam.jpg]
Brilliant!  It use to be fed to the fans of the Jags get their friends to buy season tickets now the players get the spiel to recruit former teammates. LOL

Quote:I heard this is what he showed to all the former Seattle players.[Image: pyramid_scam.jpg]
Lol that had me crackin up... Fits perfectly
I wonder if Gus Juice is off putting to some players.. I remember when I think it was Lewis who said he though Gus was fake because he was so enthusiastic until he got to know him better. I know some people just don't respond well to overly enthusiastic people.. some do.

Well if they don't then they probably shouldn't be on the roster as that's how he always is. Same with Pete Carroll up in Seattle and the players have responded pretty well to him.

Quote:Well if they don't then they probably shouldn't be on the roster as that's how he always is. Same with Pete Carroll up in Seattle and the players have responded pretty well to him.

Good point.
Quote:I wonder if Gus Juice is off putting to some players.. I remember when I think it was Lewis who said he though Gus was fake because he was so enthusiastic until he got to know him better. I know some people just don't respond well to overly enthusiastic people.. some do.
people normally get put off if it becomes disingenuous which generaly happens if u dont know the guy...like lewis said, once u get to know him, u realize he is for real.
Quote:people normally get put off when it becomes disingenuous which generaly happens if u dont know the guy...like lewis said, once u get to know him, u realize he is for real.

hence why I brought it up.. free agents have to make a quick decision on a guy in a small window of time.
Quote:hence why I brought it up.. free agents have to make a quick decision on a guy in a small window of time.

Which is why the feedback from our current/former players (Henne and Reisner, in Gerhart's case) is huge to confirm that this is in fact how Gus is on a daily basis.
People prefer positive motivation over negative motivation.   People want to be encouraged, not chewed out and screamed at.   But you have to be a naturally enthusiastic and positive person or else it will appear fake.   Gus has a rare personality.   When players see the atmosphere of positive encouragement, they will gravitate towards it.