Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign Ziggy Hood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/444118946569281536' title="10:33 AM - 13 Mar 2014">1m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> agree to terms with DT Ziggy Hood.

Love the name haha, but in all seriousness, I haven't watched much of him. Anyone got info? I know he was a first round pick
So Marks, Clemons, Bryant, Branch... I'm liking it so far. Add in Clowney and yikes!

Ziggy is good. Liked him coming out the draft.
I think it's going to bryant,miller,marks,Clemons with hood inside rotation and branch Leo rotation if we add clowney!
Quote:Love the name haha, but in all seriousness, I haven't watched much of him. Anyone got info? I know he was a first round pick
I've heard he was disappointing with his old team. Hopefully a change of scenery/scheme will do good. At the very least he is depth. 
Quote:I've heard he was disappointing with his old team. Hopefully a change of scenery/scheme will do good. At the very least he is depth. 
Yeah, I believe that is the case. Look at what happened with Marks though. They obviously think Ziggy fits this scheme fairly well, and he's still young and a former 1st round pick, so he has the potential. I like it. Low risk, High Reward.
Quote:I've heard he was disappointing with his old team. Hopefully a change of scenery/scheme will do good. At the very least he is depth.

Cool.

And I mean they obviously saw something in him and think he can help. I trust Dave and Gus

Hopefully similar to the Marks situation last year.
I never understood why Pittsburgh drafted him for that Defense. When he came out of college, he seemed to me to be a better version of Derek Landri. I'm excited about having him on the roster and seeing what he can do!

Oh wait, am I allowed to be excited or does that mean I'm dumb?

This was my post from earlier this morning -- check out the video

I didn't see a Ziggy Hood topic so just thought I'd make a quick comment or two.

Hood was drafted int the 1st round and is considered a bust in Pittsbugh. The dude is a workout freak (see video below) so he may have some potential under the Bradley scheme. All of the Steelers defenders got progressively worse once Casey Hampton (NT) went through his quick deterioration due to age and hits. This was similar to the Baltimore defense when they lost Siragusa -- everyone got worse, then they drafted Haloti Ngota and everyone became much more effective.

Hood intrigues me. CHECK OUT HIS VIDEO <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq53TKUWxNQ' title="External link">http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Sq53TKUWxNQ</a>

Not that good at Pitt.. Hopefully Gus finds the right fit for him here.
I think Hood was misused in a 3-4 scheme in Pittsburgh.  The Jags D is a better fit for him.  Dependent upon the $$, it's a nice move!

Yea. He was pose to step in when casy Hampton left. Didn't work that way. I think he will be better in the 4-3.
Him and Miller will put that million dollar weight room to good use

Quote:Love the name haha, but in all seriousness, I haven't watched much of him. Anyone got info? I know he was a first round pick

ziggy is quick for a big man.  I've never watched enough of him to understand why most steeler fans were underwhelmed with his performance, but the man sticks out to me as a inside DT.  in our system he can play inside or out.  bryant, ziggy, alualu are all nice run stuffers.  heck you could get away with 2 of them on the line at once. he can collaspe the pocket as a pass rusher like marks too.  

I like the signing, but i LOVE that gus thought he was his kind of guy.  add that clowney guy and we have loads of defense up front for gus to work with.  just need MORE speed from the line backers.

you know cyp is LOVING the additions.

Quote:Yea. He was pose to step in when casy Hampton left. Didn't work that way. I think he will be better in the 4-3.

Is this correct? Hampton was probably tipping the scales at 350 during his last few years there and Hood is just barely 300. That seems odd that they would have him trying Hampton's role.
Quote:Is this correct? Hampton was probably tipping the scales at 350 during his last few years there and Hood is just barely 300. That seems odd that they would have him trying Hampton's role.
Yea he mostly played the NT position in pit. The roll Hampton use to play. He played a little end but mostly that roll. In a 3-4 he just didn't fit at either.
So what are we thinking ziggy and miller battle it out in training camp for the starting role?
Good rotational depth signing. Loved him coming out of college. Although he underperformed with Pittsburgh, I do see him having a resurrection similar to Marks. I am starting to like the moves the Jags are making.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5