Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gerhart to be the starter.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong'>Mark Long ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@APMarkLong</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/status/443835189945720832' title="12:45 PM - 12 Mar 2014">6h</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Jaguars coach Gus Bradley says RB Toby Gerhart will be the starter, although he preaches competition

So is Red Bryant and Beadles

Gus Bradley said he in his press conf. he didnt wanna tell Toby he was the starter but you gotta try to sell the team to the player so he was kinda push into it but it will still be a competition 

He is expected to be the starter.....

That doesn't mean he can't lose his job in competition.
Maurice Job Done?
Quote:http://youtu.be/04ULhQAWjw8
"Lets Welcome Are New RB"

I still have no idea how people make the mistake of using "Are" instead of "Our". They aren't even used in the same instances.
Toby Gerhart = Michael Turner a la 2008. Toby or not Toby?

More importantly, whats Toby's nickname? 

Quote:Maurice Job Done?
Yeah, MJD's all but gone.
Quote:Toby Gerhart = Michael Turner a la 2008. Toby or not Toby?

More importantly, whats Toby's nickname?
Toby ALL heart?

TG Heart
MJD isnt going to let that happen.  open competition

Toby Gershart

Gerfart
Quote:MJD isnt going to let that happen.  open competition
lolol look out, it's the troll train!

Not a huge fan of the Gerhart signing, but we'll see. I've been wrong before. Best of luck to the guy, even though I'm still hoping he's a two-year stopgap while a younger, more dynamic runner is drafted and developed.
I didnt think it was much of a secret that he would come in and start... I feel like the way u have to rotate a guy like Toby is similar to how we rotated MJD... Use him early in drives between the red zones and on third down, then once u get into the redzone plug him back in for good.
I'm excited to see what he does with the opportunity. I still wish he'd run at a lower level. He runs so high if that makes sense.

Quote:I'm excited to see what he does with the opportunity. I still wish he'd run at a lower level. He runs so high if that makes sense.

I don't mind that he runs high but I would like to see him protect himself a little better when contact is imminent. From the short clip it looks like too many guys get uncontested shots at his knees.

I'm excited to see what he can do in Jax!
Man how did he not win the heisman with those stats.

Quote:Man how did he not win the heisman with those stats.

That was a really close year. Ingram had 227 first place votes to his 222.
If Stanford goes undefeated that year Gerhart wins the Heisman. Its one of those "both guys deserve it but one is on a undefeated team so he gets the nod" deals.
Quote:MJD isnt going to let that happen.  open competition
  If you look at the roster, you'll notice his name isn't on it anymore.
Pages: 1 2 3