Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Bradley: Toby Gerhart could get 15-20 touches regularly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Gus Bradley: Toby Gerhart could get 15-20 touches regularly
by Larry <span style="font-weight:bold;">Hartstein</span> | CBSSports.com

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said newly-signed running back Toby Gerhart could regularly receive 15-20 touches per game, reports the Florida Times-Union. Bradley likes Gerhart's toughness and his ability as a receiver.

“He seems like a guy that the more he handles the ball the stronger he gets,” Bradley said. “He’ll pop one. He can make people miss. He has a toughness you can count on, can catch the ball and he’s great on third downs. He’s going to have a great opportunity.”

Perfect!!!!!

Quote: 

<div style="font-family:Ubuntu, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-weight:700;font-size:18px;color:rgb(51,51,51);">Gus Bradley: Toby Gerhart could get 15-20 touches regularly
by Larry <span style="font-weight:bold;">Hartstein</span> | CBSSports.com

Jaguars coach Gus Bradley said newly-signed running back Toby Gerhart could regularly receive 15-20 touches per game, reports the Florida Times-Union. Bradley likes Gerhart's toughness and his ability as a receiver.

“He seems like a guy that the more he handles the ball the stronger he gets,” Bradley said. “He’ll pop one. He can make people miss. He has a toughness you can count on, can catch the ball and he’s great on third downs. He’s going to have a great opportunity.”

</div>

You spelled "opportunity" right ...lol

"Oppor tuuunny"
Would Darren Sproles be a perfect compliment to this RB should he be released? 

Quote:Would Darren Sproles be a perfect compliment to this RB should he be released?

I'm for it... Sproles is a weapon
Quote:Would Darren Sproles be a perfect compliment to this RB should he be released? 

I think NO is looking to trade him because of high interest.
Gerhart should average 15 touches a gm if we don't draft a RB in the first three rounds
Curious why NO wants to dump Sproles. Figure they need as many weapons as possible after they got embarrassed by the Seahawks
RE; Sproles  

I wouldn't throw any more money at the position. Todman is a good spell back and D-Rob could be a lethal gadget/ change of pace guy if he learns to hold on to the ball. 

Gerhart will be a beast for 3rd downs. Can really push a pile.
Quote:Curious why NO wants to dump Sproles. Figure they need as many weapons as possible after they got embarrassed by the Seahawks
4.2 mil cap hit and they have to pony up for Byrd and Graham. He's also 30 y.o.
Plus Brees is taking up over 14% of the cap all by himself.  A whopping 20% next year if they don't restructure!

Quote:Plus Brees is taking up over 14% of the cap all by himself.  A whopping 20% next year if they don't restructure!
Christ.
Quote:Plus Brees is taking up over 14% of the cap all by himself.  A whopping 20% next year if they don't restructure!
Him and Byrd together is what?
 dogs are dumb... why would we want Sproles when we got D-Rob bro? might as well develop him like you said we should Mike Brown. No point in signing similar players.. :woot:
Quote:Him and Byrd together is what?
From what I googled about Byrds cap hit this year:  "His cap hit will only be around $4 million in his first year, according to the NFL Network, who reported the Saints will spread out an $11 million signing bonus over five years, giving Byrd a initial low base salary."   So about 17% this year.

Mike1989

Gerhart is a good signing, he should do well. Hopefully we can pair him with Todman and D-Rob (if he stays at RB), and that will give the team variety. Probably wouldn't rule out a mid to late round draft pick as well.

Is this the nail in MJD's coffin, no chance to comeback?

I think that he (Gerhart) has the potential to be an Alstott type of player for us.

Just a tough, and mean HB that can push the line.

I like this guy wouldn't mind if he started for us.
I realize I'm a newbie on this forum but when it comes to knowing a fair amount about this kid Toby Gerhart, there are not many who know more than I. I have followed his career since he was in high school. Because of him signing with the Jags, I'm now a follower of this team. The one thing people need to understand about him is that he is HIGHLY competitive and could of "settled" for a lesser role on a "better team". He is NOT about the paycheck either. He wants to play and frankly most other backs with his kind of talent would not have been the consumate team player he was in Minnesota. Today's athlete is as much about themselves as it is anything but Toby is going to the Jags for one reason and one reason only. He cannot stand one more day being a back-up. My predicition is that if he stays healthy and the OL comes around......Jaguar fans will look back on this day he signed as the BEST money they have spent in a long, long, time. For you naysayers or lukewarmers who want to call him slow and nothing more than an average back...............the Pac 10 coaches weren't all that sold on him either in his senior pre season media day (except his own coach Harbaugh) and how did he respond to those naysayers...........he simply went out and won the Doak Walker award for being the premier RB that year and was runner up in the Heisman to boot. Fans haven't seen much of him simply because of a BEAST named Adrian Peterson. This is Gerhart's day to shine and one thing you can count on is that he will do "everything" in his power to help this team WIN. The Jags GM is making all the right moves to bolster the OL so it looks like the team is headed in the right direction. So, if all you non believers will give this kid the benefit of the doubt and just watch and observe, by mid season......(if he's healthy) in terms of how you now feel about Toby Gerhart........... you will be smiling from ear to ear. 

Pages: 1 2