Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What does FA tell us about our draft?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does it feel like we have a feel how Dave's gonna draft yet? QB 1st? Later on?

To me it looks like we're beefing up the defense and depth which leads me to believe we're gonna take Mack at #3.

What does FA tell us about the draft? FA

That Clowney or Bridgewater will be the top pick 

Mack or Clowney at 3.
Doesn't really tell us too much.  I don't see our draft philosophy or targets altering too much, if at all.

So far, it tells me we are going to draft a C and a RG for sure. 

It tells us that we actually might be able to trust the GM and coach this time. Unlike GS and MM.
Clowney or bridgewater

The only late round qb that can fit in our offense and has pocket poise (not sure 100%)

Is david fales
Quote:Does it feel like we have a feel how Dave's gonna draft yet? QB 1st? Later on?

To me it looks like we're beefing up the defense and depth which leads me to believe we're gonna take Mack at #3.

According to Dave/Gus (not sure which the sound clip they played on the radio was from), it's going to allow them to draft the best player available.
I get the feeling it's Mack/Clowney as well. It's too hard to tell though, there is good LEO possitbilities past #3, so we can easily be aiming at a guy or two in the 2nd/3rd with Bridgewater (talking to guys like E.Sanders, signing a solid RB, and improving the OL even though we had too) at #3. Kinda hard to tell at this point.

Quote:So far, it tells me we are going to draft a C and a RG for sure. 

which sucks because the Center position is not very deep at all in this year's draft.  Which means teams are more likely to overdraft one, ie not get good value.
We're likely to draft a center in the third or fourth round and a pass rusher early. 

That's about all I'm getting from the FA tea leaves. 

Quote:According to Dave/Gus (not sure which the sound clip they played on the radio was from), it's going to allow them to draft the best player available.

they're really shaping up to be BAP drafters and not the NEED drafters advertised. Which is funny they'd be doing what Gene was supposed to be doing originally.
Quote:they're really shaping up to be BAP drafters and not the NEED drafters advertised. Which is funny they'd be doing what Gene was supposed to be doing originally.

It would be nice if we could get a free agent center and/or RG.   Otherwise, we will be drafting at least two guys for need.  
Clowney 1

Garoppolo 2

Swanson 3

McGill 4

[Image: jacksonville-jaguars-owner-shahid-khan_medium.jpg]

lord i hope we dont draft poor mans tony romo, I think its gonna be McCarron not saying he is the best just who i think we will take.

It will definitely give Caldwell more room to maneuver. It is a good thing. 

Quote:What does FA tell us about the draft? FA

It's a long, long way to run?
Quote:which sucks because the Center position is not very deep at all in this year's draft.  Which means teams are more likely to overdraft one, ie not get good value.

Usually, there's maybe one, two NFL caliber Cs in the draft.  There may be 3-4 in this one.

So yes, the position itself is never very deep, however, in comparison... this one is.  Relatively speaking, of course.

We've also got guys on the roster they are considering working there as well.
Quote:Usually, there's maybe one, two NFL caliber Cs in the draft.  There may be 3-4 in this one.

So yes, the position itself is never very deep, however, in comparison... this one is.  Relatively speaking, of course.

We've also got guys on the roster they are considering working there as well.

That's interesting, because I heard the exact opposite.  Not sure exactly where (probably Mayock) but I remember hearing that this year's Center class is very weak compared to other years.

I trust our FO has done their homework though so I'm not too worried about it.
Pages: 1 2