Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: It's going to be so weird if MJD gets signed elsewhere today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Going to be so sad even tho he's been pretty bad the last few years. 

I suspect he and most, if not all of the other RBs are going to be waiting a while. 

Its just business... Wont be sadder then Freddy T leaving.
Quote:Its just business... Wont be sadder then Freddy T leaving.
I wasn't as big of an NFL fan back during Freddys prime, I went to games and all but I wasn't into the draft/FA or anything like I am now, I feel somewhat attached to Mojo. 
With yo boi on this one I appreciate MJD I was straight sad when Freddy left
It'll be weird, in large part because it is unlikely he will sign today.

In fact, I'd be stunned if he signed anywhere before the draft.

Quote:It'll be weird, in large part because it is unlikely he will sign today.

In fact, I'd be stunned if he signed anywhere before the draft.
Ya never know. But your probably correct.

It would be cool is someone paid him a gob o cash.

Then three or so years later sign a one day deal and retire a JAG.

It will feel wierd not having Pocket Hercules.

I know it's a business and I see both sides.

Good Luck MoJo. We love ya in Teal and Black.

HeadSlap
Yeah I agree, my first season watching football was his first season. I think my first memory was him doing the SUPERMAN thing with his undershirt. He's been a staple on ur team and in my mind for years. Will be a shame if he leaves.

Quote:Going to be so sad even tho he's been pretty bad the last few years.
I agree. I have the utmost respect for him. Has a chance to finish his career with 100 all purpose TDs. Pretty impressive.
It would be weird if he signed today. Because the RB market is saturating and I doubt his services are in high demand.

RB market isn't pretty at all. It's becoming one of the positions where teams aren't going to shell out big bucks anymore based on several factors. It's been proven time and again that backs can be found in later rounds, the RB position itself is much less involved then it use to be, the window where a back is on the peak end of productivity is short, etc.

Quote:RB market isn't pretty at all. It's becoming one of the positions where teams aren't going to shell out big bucks anymore based on several factors. It's been proven time and again that backs can be found in later rounds, the RB position itself is much less involved then it use to be, the window where a back is on the peak end of productivity is short, etc.

I would not be opposed to the Jaguars signed one of the veteran RB's to a one year deal with incentives.
What's going to be wired for this franchise is building an offense NOT centered around a RB
All the RB's are gonna see reality(not a lot of money comming there way).
I somewhat feel for MJD because he spent his whole career here during our "rotten Del Rio" years, and now that things are finally turning around, he is an old man past his prime.

Having said that, I find it hard to feel sorry for any man who can call it quits at 28 years old and live lavishly the rest of his life doing nothing.

It would have been if not for his holdout.  Now I'm indifferent.

Freddy T?  Now, that was sad.

It'll be sad to see him go if he does. Hopefully he gets picked up by a contender in need of a running back. I can see him reuniting with Del Rio in Denver.
Never feel sorry for a millionaire. I hope we bring him back. Still has some fuel left in his tank.

Does he make the Pride if this is the end for him as a Jag? I'm thinking yes
I watched his career from the draft and I bought two Authentic Jerseys because I enjoyed watching him as a fan, and he was the voice of the team for many years.  It will be sad but its inevitable part of football, players move on, retire, get injured, etc.

He should be considered for the Pride.  I watched several games for many of years, in which he was the featured back that teams defenses had to plan for they certainly weren't scared of the passing attack.  In addition to his running, catching, and blocking he was a great returner and team spokesman!
Pages: 1 2 3