Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The hottest restaurant in town!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

The hottest restaurant in town! Chilli burger is so fiery it has put FIVE people in hospital (and diners have to sign a waiver before they're even allowed to order one)
  • <b>XXX Hot Chilli Burger is served to over-18s at Burger Off in Hove, Sussex</b>
  • <b>Topped with chilli sauce measuring incredible 9.2 million on Scoville scale</b>
  • <b>In contrast, average chilli pepper comes in at 500 Scoville ('hotness') units</b>
  • <b>Diner taken to hospital with suspected perforated bowel after eating burger</b>
  • <b>Meanwhile, four others were admitted for treatment for anaphylactic shock</b>
  • <b>Now, restaurant owner Nick Gambardella asking customers to sign waiver</b>

<b>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...r-one.html</b>

I like hot food, but there is a point where heat takes over whatever you're eating and the flavor doesnt come through anymore.

i've taken a toothpick taste of a ghost pepper hot sauce in St Augustine. I was hurting for a couple hours.  I will probably never do that again.

Spicy is one thing...burning your taste buds off is just silly!!
Quote:The hottest restaurant in town! Chilli burger is so fiery it has put FIVE people in hospital (and diners have to sign a waiver before they're even allowed to order one)
  • <b>XXX Hot Chilli Burger is served to over-18s at Burger Off in Hove, Sussex</b>
  • <b>Topped with chilli sauce measuring incredible 9.2 million on Scoville scale</b>
  • <b>In contrast, average chilli pepper comes in at 500 Scoville ('hotness') units</b>
  • <b>Diner taken to hospital with suspected perforated bowel after eating burger</b>
  • <b>Meanwhile, four others were admitted for treatment for anaphylactic shock</b>
  • <b>Now, restaurant owner Nick Gambardella asking customers to sign waiver</b>

<b>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...r-one.html</b>

Not sure why one would subject one's self to do that...

I guess its a "macho" (re: stupid) thing. 

I like spicy food, but regular hot peppers and Franks brand hot sauce or equivalent is plenty fine for me. 

"<b>Diner taken to hospital with suspected perforated bowel after eating burger</b>"

sounds pretty rough.

Quote:"<b>Diner taken to hospital with suspected perforated bowel after eating burger</b>"

sounds pretty rough.

From the article :  One guy came in and he was just a little bit cocky and when he left he was admitted to hospital because prior to eating the burger he had a stomach ulcer and we believe it perforated his bowel. He wasn’t in a good way but he pulled through.
Years ago I was eating at a Mexican restaurant with a Navy buddy.  Being from Texas, he had to brag about his ability eat the hottest spiciest food.  To prove his point he generously garnished his tacos with the hottest house sauce they had.  As he ate, snot and tears streamed down his increasingly red face.  He pretended to like it but I could see the pain in his eyes.  Finally I told him that there was no way he could be enjoying the tacos because the pain level had exceeded any modicum of gratification.  He wouldn't admit to it so I just sat back, drank my beer and reveled in his agony.    

I like spicy food.

I don't like food that makes me wish I were dead.

I'll turn in my macho card now.

In cases like that...what goes in hot, must come out hot!! :blink:
Roid Burner

Quote:In cases like that...what goes in hot, must come out hot!! :blink:

*thinks about that*

*image stuck in head*

Sick Wallbash
Quote:*thinks about that*

*image stuck in head*

Sick Wallbash

:teehee:
I'm an Irishman, I like Beer and Bland thank you very much.

I've been eating a lot of Trinadad scorpion and Ghost Pepper (way better flavor IMO).  they range from 1m to 2m scoville.  9.2 is quite absurd, they must add pure capscium