Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars additional signees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
According to CBS.com last Friday the Jaguars also signed

Austin Pasztor, OT

Jordan Todman, RB

Mike Brown, WR

Kerry Taylor, WR.

These were restricted free agents, but the Jaguars retaining them was not by any means guaranteed.  Pasztor, of course, has been announced as a starter at RT.  Some comments were made that Brown is making strides, but almost nothing was said of the other two.  I was wondering if they would keep Todman or go to FA or the draft to replace him.  He is OK as a backup, but hopefully won't be our starter next year.  Kerry Taylor may develop, but probably will not be on the 53 man roster at the start of the season.

At the very least Jaguars.com should have reported these under the transactions tab under team.  Also many team members have the wrong position listed on the unofficial roster at Jaguars.com.  Pasztor is listed as a G.  I think the person responsible should have changed the position after Pasztor began starting at RT.  This portion of the website leaves a lot to be desired.

Todman is a guy. I doubt he is in the long term plans.

Todman has been a pleasant surprise in my opinion, as the backup RB. He outplayed Forsett, who was penciled ahead of him in the last offseason/preseason. With a proper OL in front of him, I think he could be productive in a rotation. Although he was picked off another team's practice squad, he should not be under-valued. In college, he was the Big East conference offensive player of the year....he's got some game. With the odds of MJD returning slim, and DRob's ability to control the ball uncertain, I would assume Caldwell will be drafting a RB to compete for the starting role. However, I don't see a draft pick impacting Todman's likelihood of staying on the 53 man roster.
I think Austin Pasztor is the best out of the four and most likely to remain starting at the end of this season coming up.

Pasztor starts. Todman sticks, but could end up starting or being part of a rotation. Brown might stick, but he's vulnerable if the team adds a couple of receivers in FA/the draft. Ellis is probably camp fodder.

I like Pasztor and Mike Brown. I don't really get the love for Todman yes he had good preseason but wasn't impressed with regular season play. I think Todman is everage rb at best. I like Brown as 3rd or fourth wr. I'd still like to see Jags bring in another Ot to push Pasztor I'm not big on Bradfield or Sam Young. 

Pasztor is great in my opinion. One for the future.

Pasztor knocked over JJ Watt. That's a guy who has potential.

Pasztor is reasoning of trading Monroe. The front office believes he'll be a Main Stay for years. Todman isn't ready to be The Man while the remaining signees are ST standouts and depth at best.

NH3...
Quote:...

At the very least Jaguars.com should have reported these under the transactions tab under team.  ...

These aren't really "signings" though. There was no chance these players wouldn't be on the roster for OTA's unless the team cut them. Since they were Restricted, the team just essentially extended their contracts. I get your point, but it's not like they were going to be on the street come Tuesday at 4:00.
Todman should be a #3 RB at best. Paztor looks like a real gem, and I doubt Kerry Taylor will make the rostor. Brown is a solid #5WR and STer.

These are all good signings.

-- Frenchie may turn out to be a quality starter and is definitely good depth.  

--Brown is a decent #4 WR. Depth primarily - but intriguing in Fisch's system with his QB exp.

--Taylor showed a few flashes and is intriguing.  More upside and better measureables  than Brown IMO (he's a bit taller and he's faster)   - but we'll see how camp shakes the WRs out. 

--Todman had a 100 +yd game the only time he saw enough carries equal to that of  a typical primary back.  I think he's a pretty solid rotational player. Perhaps something better than that.