Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For everyone complaining about the Henne signing..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It means nothing, the Vikings just signed Cassel to a deal worth 2Mil more than Henne's deal, does that mean he's their starter? No. 

Tipping their hand!!!
Henne will end up starting. Even if we draft a QB if Henne still ends up our starter, what does that say bout our rookie QB that he couldn't beat out crappy Henne.
Personally, I don't think Henne is that bad.  Considering the talent (or lack of) our team has had on the offensive side of the ball he didn't do that bad of a job.  He is a kind of guy we let test our new OL and test new weapons out with.  Because if he can be successful with the new talent then the franchise QB we bring in should have all the tools in place to exceed.  The one thing I don't want to see is a rookie QB get thrown in early and get beat down so hard that he is forever scared.  Spurrier did it to Patrick Ramsey with the Redskins.  Henne is battle hardened and seemed to be very patient with the Gabbert experiment.  This is why I think he will be a great mentor as well for the new QB that Caldwell decides on.  At this point Caldwell has done some very promising things.  We need to trust his decision making on this (resigning) as well.

Thanks, someone else gets it!  Nice to know I'm not the only one around here.  Smile

Henne is getting too much of bad rap

Quote:Henne will end up starting. Even if we draft a QB if Henne still ends up our starter, what does that say bout our rookie QB that he couldn't beat out crappy Henne.

What rookie quarterback? :blink:
Quote:What rookie quarterback? :blink:
he's referring to the one we'll will draft and it says nothing about the rookie if the plan is to have him sit and learn a bit.
Henne will be the starter.. For how long? Chances are, not long..

Henne will be the starter until there is someone on the roster who is better.

Hopefully Henne won't be the starter for long, and that is a good thing.

Quote:Henne will be the starter.. For how long? Chances are, not long..
That would mean another long season.
Quote:It means nothing, the Vikings just signed Cassel to a deal worth 2Mil more than Henne's deal, does that mean he's their starter? No. 

I'm surprised no one commented on how much Indy just gave their punter.
Quote:I'm surprised no one commented on how much Indy just gave their punter.

One thing at a time. Henne is still breathing, so we have to kill him off first. Plenty of time for the punter.
So i take it we are not unleashing Stanzi?

Henne starts until Blaine beats him in training camp again..of course, Blackmon coming back will help both of them do better this year

Quote:That would mean another long season.

This team is in for some long seasons for the next couple of years.. That's gonna happen.. Prepare yourself.. They'll get better every year, but they have a long way to go before being considered a really competitive team.. No one special player in this up coming draft or free agency is going to make this team a championship team over night.. It's a marathon, not a sprint..

I don't mind the Henne signing.  But a few people are trying to make the signing out to be more than it is (both pro-henne and anti-henne). 

Quote:This team is in for some long seasons for the next couple of years.. That's gonna happen.. Prepare yourself.. They'll get better every year, but they have a long way to go before being considered a really competitive team.. No one special player in this up coming draft or free agency is going to make this team a championship team over night.. It's a marathon, not a sprint..

Honestly if by 2015 this team isn't competitive, then I'd start worrying if Dave Caldwell is the guy or not.  

Quote:I don't mind the Henne signing.  But a few people are trying to make the signing out to be more than it is (both pro-henne and anti-henne). 

Honestly if by 2015 this team isn't competitive, then I'd start worrying if Dave Caldwell is the guy or not.  

When you inherit garbage, the only way to go is up..  How for up this team goes is the real question..
If we don't take a QB with the 3rd pick Henne will start
Quote:When you inherit garbage, the only way to go is up.. How for up this team goes is the real question..

It's really important to remember how bad the roster was... I'm not expecting much in 2014, but I'm also not expecting a 2013 performance either
Pages: 1 2