Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Red Bryant is visiting with jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to Big Cat Country, he's visiting.

Would be a meh signing. Kinda obvious with him being linked to Bradley.
Gonna see a few come over from Seattle. I have no problem with that.

I wouldn't mind if we got this guy on our defense. Seahawk, or not a Seahawk, the guy is a beast, and he can play.

Quote:I wouldn't mind if we got this guy on our defense. Seahawk, or not a Seahawk, the guy is a beast, and he can play.
could be a good tandem with him and Marks.. Plus he'll know the system.
Either Bryant or Michael Bennett with Michael Johnson and the D-Line is stacking up like a plate full of IHOP pancakes!

Bryant is a decent run stuffer but offers nothing at all in the pass rushing dept. 

Not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be overall from what we have. If it was for very cheap it might be worth it. 

Quote:Bryant is a decent run stuffer but offers nothing at all in the pass rushing dept.

Not sure how much of an upgrade he'd be overall from what we have. If it was for very cheap it might be worth it.

He would replace Alualu. = Significant upgrade.
Quote:Bryant is a decent run stuffer but offers nothing at all in the pass rushing dept. 

obviously you have never seen him or Alu play
Would be a great signing.   With him and a healthy Roy Miller our run D goes from almost last in the league to in the top half easy.

Quote:According to Big Cat Country, he's visiting.

Would be a meh signing. Kinda obvious with him being linked to Bradley.
link?

Do you seriously still not understand how Gus's defense works?
Quote:He would replace Alualu. = Significant upgrade.

4 years older, Same amount of QB sacks last year, & Alualu had 12 more tackles than Bryant recorded last year. 

But if you say Bryant would be a significant upgrade, I guess thats good enough for me.... 

I wonder what Alualu might have done in Seattles defense :blink: 

Quote:4 years older, Same amount of QB sacks last year, & Alualu had 12 more tackles than Bryant recorded last year. 

But if you say Bryant would be a significant upgrade, I guess thats good enough for me.... 

I wonder what Alualu might have done in Seattles defense :blink:
Red Bryant graded out as the 15th best 4-3 DT in the league last year. His position is not about rushing the passer. Learn the defense. 
Quote:Red Bryant graded out as the 15th best 4-3 DT in the league last year. His position is not about rushing the passer. Learn the defense. 
lol
Quote:Red Bryant graded out as the 15th best 4-3 DT in the league last year. His position is not about rushing the passer. Learn the defense. 

ok, Alualu even topped Bryant by 12 tackles, but okay....Bryants better... 

thats why Seattle isn't trying to retain him, right?

I don't think all that much of Alualu....but seems to me that people hear "Seattle player" and they start having delusions of grandeur. 

If Bryant was as pivotal for them as you seem to think he is, then I'd imagine they'd be doing anything they could to keep him

Seems that they believe they can find an adequate replacement and aren't too concerned about losing him. 

As said before, if we could get him cheap, then I see no issue....but he won't be cheap....

Here we go, hedging his bets once again.

Guarantee you if Red Bryant signs, he's going to complain that he signed for too much money.

Quote:Here we go, hedging his bets once again.

Guarantee you if Red Bryant signs, he's going to complain that he signed for too much money.

I'll state my price right now to take the second guessing out of the equation...

Anything more than 3-4 MIL per would be too much.

If we can get him for say 3 years/ 12 MIL then welcome aboard.  
Quote:ok, Alualu even topped Bryant by 12 tackles, but okay....Bryants better... 

thats why Seattle isn't trying to retain him, right?

I don't think all that much of Alualu....but seems to me that people hear "Seattle player" and they start having delusions of grandeur. 

If Bryant was as pivotal for them as you seem to think he is, then I'd imagine they'd be doing anything they could to keep him

Seems that they believe they can find an adequate replacement and aren't too concerned about losing him. 

As said before, if we could get him cheap, then I see no issue....but he won't be cheap....
Have you ever thought of teams dont run at Red Bryant and teams want to run at Alu?  How about Alu played about double the snaps Red did because Sea. only used Red on 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage plays and at the end of the year they started playing more pass rushers?  Alu played better this year but is average at best. 

payer 211 and 371

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...tats/2013/

Only 12 more tackles and and over 250 more plays.  Your stats suck lol

Quote:Have you ever thought of teams dont run at Red Bryant and teams want to run at Alu?  How about Alu played about double the snaps Red did because Sea. only used Red on 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage plays and at the end of the year they started playing more pass rushers?  Alu played better this year but is average at best. 

payer 211 and 371

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/...tats/2013/

If Bryant is as great as you are selling then why are they so willing to let him walk?  

If Bryant played for any other team than Seattle, I wonder if the support for signing him would be the same?

Quote:Have you ever thought of teams dont run at Red Bryant and teams want to run at Alu? How about Alu played about double the snaps Red did because Sea. only used Red on 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage plays and at the end of the year they started playing more pass rushers? Alu played better this year but is average at best.

payer 211 and 371

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-defensive-snap-count-stats/2013/'>http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/player-defensive-snap-count-stats/2013/</a>

Only 12 more tackles and and over 250 more plays. Your stats suck lol

..........yeah, but..
Pages: 1 2 3