Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: WR's Mike Brown, Kerry Taylor, and OL Austin Pasztor tendered offers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
per rotoworld: 

Jaguars tendered offers to exclusive rights free agents WR Mike Brown, WR Kerry Taylor, and G/T Austin Pasztor.

Brown and Taylor will each earn $495,000, while Pasztor will bag $570,000. Brown appeared in 11 games last season, starting six in place of Justin Blackmon, and caught 32 passes for 446 yards and two scores. He's merely a No. 4 receiver. Pasztor started 12 games at right tackle and was above average in pass pro.
not really big news, or anything shocking, just passing it along. 

Jordan Todman was tendered as well.
Quote:Jordan Todman was tendered as well.
You mean they fried him until his skin was crispy? Laughing Dang man, fast edit, good on ya.

Caldwell needs to get paztor signed and why is Kerry Taylor still on this team?

Quote:Caldwell needs to get paztor signed and why is Kerry Taylor still on this team?
Why wouldn't Kerry Taylor be on the team?
Quote:Why wouldn't Kerry Taylor be on the team?

Do I really need to answer this? Because he hasn't done much of anything and hasn't gotten better either through his time here. He has less than 300 yards in his entire career if that says anything. Been on 6 different teams, etc.

Players that are deep on the depth chart who aren't ascending skill wise need to be cut as they are a waste of time.
Quote:Do I really need to answer this? Because he hasn't done much of anything and hasn't gotten better either through his time here. He has less than 300 yards in his entire career if that says anything. Been on 6 different teams, etc.

Players that are deep on the depth chart who aren't ascending skill wise need to be cut as they are a waste of time.

He actually made some pretty clutch catches last season. 
Quote:Do I really need to answer this? Because he hasn't done much of anything and hasn't gotten better either through his time here. He has less than 300 yards in his entire career if that says anything. Been on 6 different teams, etc.

He's a bottom of the roster developmental player. He made some nice catches last season also.
Quote:He actually made some pretty clutch catches last season. 

Remember a guy named John Broussard? He was a rookie WR that caught a major bomb from David Garrard on the first play of the season back in 07 or 08. Pretty clutch.

Got cut in that forthcoming offseason back then. 1 or 2 clutch catches don't warrant you staying on the roster.
Quote:Remember a guy named John Broussard? He was a rookie WR that caught a major bomb from David Garrard on the first play of the season back in 07 or 08. Pretty clutch.

Got cut in that forthcoming offseason back then. 1 or 2 clutch catches don't warrant you staying on the roster.

I think that was literally the only thing John Broussard ever did. 
Quote:Remember a guy named John Broussard? He was a rookie WR that caught a major bomb from David Garrard on the first play of the season back in 07 or 08. Pretty clutch.

Why is this an issue?  He's cheap, young, and a developmental guy.  If he develops great if not they cut their ties and are out very little.  I doubt they see him as anything more than that.

We have a couple of dozen open roster spots right now.  

Everyone is so eager to cut players.   There's no need to do that right now.   We need to get 90 players to camp, and then start cutting. 

Anyone remember back in 96 we signed a street free agent WR, a guy who had failed with two different teams.  What was his name....  can't bring it up.....   who was that guy...   anyone remember?   Did he ever do anything?  

I like Mike Brown & Pasztor. Im happy about those 2.

Quote:We have a couple of dozen open roster spots right now.  

Everyone is so eager to cut players.   There's no need to do that right now.   We need to get 90 players to camp, and then start cutting. 

Anyone remember back in 96 we signed a street free agent WR, a guy who had failed with two different teams.  What was his name....  can't bring it up.....   who was that guy...   anyone remember?   Did he ever do anything?  
Yeah...............wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm didn't he get cut by Dallas.

Oh, Yeah, Thunder and Lightning.

Thanks ytraM
What exactly is a tendered offer? Sorry for my ignorance. 

Quote:What exactly is a tendered offer? Sorry for my ignorance. 

For exclusive rights free agents, it essentially means they're playing with us next season.
Quote:Caldwell needs to get paztor signed and why is Kerry Taylor still on this team?
Because he's dirt-cheap, knows the system, and will be good competition in OTAs and camp even if he's not in the team's long-term plans.
Quote:What exactly is a tendered offer? Sorry for my ignorance. 
If I remember correctly, for another team to sign restricted rights free agents they have to surpass the tendered offer of the players team, then that team has the right to match or exceed said offer. If the players team does not match the new offer and allow the competitor to sign said player they receive compensation in the form of draft picks based on the contract value.

I think that how it works.

HeadSlap
Quote:Because he's dirt-cheap, knows the system, and will be good competition in OTAs and camp even if he's not in the team's long-term plans.

I guess everyone has forgotten the BASS-O-MATIC of players that came through Everbank last year.
Pages: 1 2