Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: After pass rusher, what is our next weakest link on the defense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
FS, OLB, NT, CB, or DE opposite of LEO?
Easily OLB, but then again that isn't exactly a premium position. A lack of depth on the interior D-Line is also killing us.

Roy Miller is still an unknown. He was J.A.G last year. Outside of Poz both linebacker positions could be upgraded. Gratz is a nice building block and Ball, to my surprise preformed well and I expect status quo with him this year. FS could be upgraded but I'm up in the air about spending lots of money or draft picks to fill the position, especially when we have two young guys in Evans and Guy who could eventually develop.
Quote:Roy Miller is still an unknown. He was J.A.G last year. Outside of Poz both linebacker positions could be upgraded. Gratz is a nice building block and Ball, to my surprise preformed well and I expect status quo with him this year. FS could be upgraded but I'm up in the air about spending lots of money or draft picks to fill the position, especially when we have two young guys in Evans and Guy who could eventually develop.

Pretty much summed up my exact thoughts. I feel as though Ball would be better served as a 3rd CB though, as I feel he can be upgraded with someone like Browner or Thurmond. Bring back Blackmon for depth and you have a serious stew cooking.

Gratz, Browner, Ball, Blackmon, M.Harris, McCray, J. Harris

Cyp, Evans, Guy

^ That looks like a pretty tough secondary right there, obviously a bit lacking on the back end, but you can't fix everything at once.

The Jags have the worst overall pass rush in the league. After the LEO pass rusher role, the team's weakest defensive position in my opinion is LDE with Alualu as the starter. He provides no pass rush, and his range to make tackles seems very limited. A close third for me is FS with Evans/Guy currently challenging for the spot. Both Evans and Guy are young, and I hope one will develop into a decent FS.
Quote:The Jags have the worst overall pass rush in the league. After the LEO pass rusher role, the team's weakest defensive position in my opinion is LDE with Alualu as the starter. He provides no pass rush, and his range to make tackles seems very limited. A close third for me is FS with Evans/Guy currently challenging for the spot. Both Evans and Guy are young, and I hope one will develop into a decent FS.
Alualu's job is not to generate pass rush. His job is to stuff the run, in which he did pretty well for a stretch. I don't agree that his range is very limited, either.
More pass rush

TRYSON ALOOALOOA

CB!!

This is where Keith McGill comes in!

But if all of the above is an answer then ill go with that.

OLB. We miss Daryl Smith, bad.

Outside linebacker, there is a need for speed, and corner.
OLB
Quote:TRYSON ALOOALOOA

Not really. We need speed at LB. We probably have the slowest LB group in the league.
Quote:Easily OLB, but then again that isn't exactly a premium position. A lack of depth on the interior D-Line is also killing us.

This
Quote:FS, OLB, NT, CB, or DE opposite of LEO?
Our offense, hands down.
Quote:Alualu's job is not to generate pass rush. His job is to stuff the run, in which he did pretty well for a stretch. I don't agree that his range is very limited, either.
The signing of Red Bryant yesterday was not a glowing endorsement for Alualu's play.
Quote:Our offense, hands down.

Reading is FUNdamental.
OLB and SLB. All other positions aren't a weakness. They can be improved upon but a weakness I Say Not...

NH3...
Quote:Reading is FUNdamental.

And it's good for your ears too...

NH3...
Quote:OLB and SLB. All other positions aren't a weakness. They can be improved upon but a weakness I Say Not...

NH3...

I would say FS is potentially unless Evans improves quite a bit.
Pages: 1 2