Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bortles to Visit Jaguars Facilties This Month
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-d...ns-jaguars

Not exactly shocking news, but it is something of note. The article also states that he will be meeting with the Texans as well.

No to Bortles, he failed miserably on the chaulk board at the combine. 

...and Byron Leftwich was a master of the chalk board.

Quote:...and Byron Leftwich was a master of the chalk board.

....as was Gabbert. 

Do people forget that already??

Gimme a master ON the field, not one that only shows it on the chalk board. 

I like Bortles, but not blown away by watching him play. 

Don't let this news make you suspect he will be our pick. I think Caldwell will not go QB in the first round but it his JOB and EXTREMELY important he do his due diligence in figuring out if one of these first round QBs ends up a top 10 QB in the league someday. 

Passing on a top 10 league QB (Wilson) is only second worst to actually missing on a top QB pick (Gabbert)
Quote:Don't let this news make you suspect he will be our pick. I think Caldwell will not go QB in the first round but it his JOB and EXTREMELY important he do his due diligence in figuring out if one of these first round QBs ends up a top 10 QB in the league someday.

Exactly. As I mentioned in the other Bortles thread on the College Forum, it would probably be bigger news if we didn't interview Bortles prior to the draft, than doing so. I'd imagine every QB needy team will do the same. 
Are the Jaguars' facilities up to par?
Surely not being good on the chalk board is probably the easiest part to fix as a coach?
Quote:Surely not being good on the chalk board is probably the easiest part to fix as a coach?
Not really or there would be Tom Bradys on every team
The thread title is funny....

so Bortles is going to be visiting the Jaguars toilets later this month Laughing 

Quote:The thread title is funny....

so Bortles is going to be visiting the Jaguars toilets later this month Laughing

He probably heard we resigned Henne.
Quote:The thread title is funny....

The title may be funny, but that certainly wasn't.