Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We're #1!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
John Clayton ranks the NFL's most disappointing players this season. It goes as expected.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/story/_/...016-season

1. Blake Bortles, QB, Jacksonville Jaguars
<p style="font-family:Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;font-size:16px;color:rgb(72,73,74);">Bortles threw 35 touchdown passes season and, like Derek Carr, looked like a young quarterback on the rise. This year has been a nightmare, however. Many believed Bortles' 2015 numbers were tied to games in which the Jaguars trailed because they had one of the worst defenses in football. But Bortles has performed poorly this season even as the Jags' defense has improved. He has thrown 21 touchdown passes and 15 interceptions, including three pick-sixes. His yards-per-attempt average has dropped from 7.3 to 6.1. Jacksonville's scoring has dropped five points per game to 18.3. Coach Gus Bradley could lose his job and the organization could decide to move on from Bortles at some point. He has another year on his rookie deal, but the Jags likely will have a top-five pick in April's draft.

Championship!!!

Wait... What?
something something young something upside

something something 4400 yards
Mr Clayton.....

[Image: 43819819.jpg]

Most Disappointing Award topic of discussion ---> We made it on the Mike & Mike as well.  They ranked Carolina #1 (coming off the 15-1 season) and the Jags #2 based on expectations.

Quote:Most Disappointing Award topic of discussion ---> We made it on the Mike & Mike as well.  They ranked Carolina #1 (coming off the 15-1 season) and the Jags #2 based on expectations.

This irks me and smacks as lazy journalism.  Most of the fans were hopeful for 8-8 and would have considered 9-7 as the ascending to massive heights.  How the heck is a 5-11 team the second biggest disappointment?  I can look across the league and see "close" teams that were actually knocking at the door last year that fell down this year.  Where did they rank the Chargers?  At least the Chargers have a proven QB.

aye crumba this year.
I do not have fond memories of the Gus Bradley era, and I'm certainly looking forward to escaping them. Hopefully Khan doesn't extend the pain by keeping Caldwell.