Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Texans on the clock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do Houston fans want at #1?

Who do Houston fans think the team will select at #1?

(Assuming they don't trade back.)
There's a punter out there that's pretty good.. A pure weapon.. 

I'd prefer to trade back and acquire extra picks as I don't think any of the top three QB's are #1 worthy. I also am not sold on Clowney with #1 and would fear having to pay both he and JJ Watt in due time. Assuming we could trade back to early/mid 1st, then I would select Anthony Barr.

I still think QB is our most important need and would like to see us pick up either Jimmy Garrapolo in the 2nd, or Logan Thomas in the 3rd. 

BUT, to answer your question (Assuming no trade back) I think Bill O'Brians decision will be either.

A ) Blake Bortles

B ) Jadeveon Clowney

FWIW, the rest of the AFCS is hoping the Texans take Bortles. Clowney/Watt would be unstoppable if Clowney was invested in football. Teddy could easily lead the Texans to the playoffs
Quote:I'd prefer to trade back and acquire extra picks as I don't think any of the top three QB's are #1 worthy. I also am not sold on Clowney with #1 and would fear having to pay both he and JJ Watt in due time. Assuming we could trade back to early/mid 1st, then I would select Anthony Barr.

I still think QB is our most important need and would like to see us pick up either <span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,255);">Jimmy Garrapolo in the 2nd, or Logan Thomas in the 3rd.
</span>

<span style="background-color:rgb(245,245,255);">BUT, to answer your question (Assuming no trade back) I think Bill O'Brians decision will be either.
</span>

A ) Blake Bortles
B ) Jadeveon Clowney

Logan Thomas?
Bridgewater, then Clowney, then trade down.

Quote:Logan Thomas?
Yes sir, the Virginia Tech QB. 6-foot-6 and 248 pounds while running the 40-yard dash in 4.61 seconds. Hands measured at 10 7/8 inches.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_...opens-eyes

He's intriguing, but inconsistent. Could be solid if he puts it all together. ..if.
Quote:He's intriguing, but inconsistent. Could be solid if he puts it all together. ..if.
Huge if.....but I just don't see a solid choice at QB this season. Bridewater seems to be the safest pick, and Manziel seems to be the gamble pick. All others including Bortles are simply OK in my book. Logan Thomas would also fall into that OK category, but if we can get him 3rd or later and give him a year to acclimate, I like the chances of him becoming something more then serviceable. 
If you draft him at the top of the 3rd, I am going to laugh.  A lot.  Like Bryan Anger laugh.

Has potential....even if he only becomes a TE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRUHnmEte9E

a 6'6 260+ lb guy running through a 6'0 220 freshman..yes, please take him in the 3rd..actually, just get him in the 2nd

You also forgot to post the video from the play a few snaps later where he is taken out of the game

lol
Terrible with technology, cant post it

Quote:a 6'6 260+ lb guy running through a 6'0 220 freshman..yes, please take him in the 3rd..actually, just get him in the 2nd

You also forgot to post the video from the play a few snaps later where he is taken out of the game
Only time I can remember the guy getting hurt. A guy his size running through a smaller guy isn't the impressive thing. A QB running through a 6'0 220 freshman is the impressive thing, no matter his size. 

Also....never mentioned getting him in the 2nd, that would be dumb. Third is even too early, but I would gamble on him, most GM's wouldn't. At worst he can be a serviceable TE if his mechanics are too bad to work with.

Quote:Terrible with technology, cant post it
This one? If so....it doesn't deter me from wanting to gamble on him. He wouldn't be any worse than a hand full of current starters in the NFL, namely one you and I have had the pleasure of watching the past couple of years.

http://youtu.be/w611j4vXtpk

Quote:FWIW, the rest of the AFCS is hoping the Texans take Bortles. Clowney/Watt would be unstoppable if Clowney was invested in football. Teddy could easily lead the Texans to the playoffs

I agree here, though I would also be okay if the Texans took Manziel at 1.
With the Dolphins and Cardinals needing help at LT,  if you were in the Texans position would you do the following:

Offer LT Duane Brown,  who will turn 29 this summer,  to Miami and Arizona for their 1st Round pick.  If one of then accepts the offer, then draft Auburn T Greg Robinson with pick # 1.  Then with pick # 19 or pick # 20,  address the QB position or another position if the value is higher.  

Tough position for Houston to be in. This pick sets the tone for the BB era. Hopefully it is a disaster.

Quote:Tough position for Houston to be in. This pick sets the tone for the BB era. Hopefully it is a disaster.

This.
Pages: 1 2