Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sinaloa Cartel Leader El "Chapo" Guzman has been arrested
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Just saw this. Wow I never thought they would get him again because he basically runs the country. I'm surprised he didn't have his personal army around him.

Quote:Just saw this. Wow I never thought they would get him again because he basically runs the country. I'm surprised he didn't have his personal army around him.
It's probably the same deal as Bin Laden. "Officially" they're the heads of their respect groups, but in reality, their power has long diminished.

I hope that this will lead to some positive change in Mexico.
Quote:It's probably the same deal as Bin Laden. "Officially" they're the heads of their respect groups, but in reality, their power has long diminished.

Yeah I hope so too. But I'm worried about a potential power struggle out there between cartels. It could get real hot out there again.
He had nothin on "El Guapo" in The Three Amigos

Quote:It's probably the same deal as Bin Laden. "Officially" they're the heads of their respect groups, but in reality, their power has long diminished.

Doubtful.  This quote from the article sums it up:

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">"While his capture may have symbolic importance, many, including Guzman's cartel partner, Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, say it won't stop the violence or flow of drugs through Mexico to the United States.

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">"When it comes to the capos, jailed, dead or extradited -- their replacements are ready," Zambada said in an exclusive interview published in Proceso magazine in April 2010."

Quote:Doubtful.  This quote from the article sums it up:

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">"While his capture may have symbolic importance, many, including Guzman's cartel partner, Ismael "El Mayo" Zambada, say it won't stop the violence or flow of drugs through Mexico to the United States.

<p style="font-size:16px;background-color:transparent;color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans-serif;">"When it comes to the capos, jailed, dead or extradited -- their replacements are ready," Zambada said in an exclusive interview published in Proceso magazine in April 2010."
The same can be said in regards to OBL's death, and the Middle East...
Quote:He had nothin on "El Guapo" in The Three Amigos

Did he have a plethora of pinatas?