Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Extreme couponer is attacked by a furious customer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Moment an extreme couponer is attacked by a furious customer after holding up the grocery checkout line for 20 minutes
<ul class="">[*]A fight broke out at a Kroger grocery store in Memphis, Tennessee on Friday
[*]Megan Wilson claims man yelled and called her a 'junkie' for taking too long
[*]She said she spent 20 minutes with her special binder filled with coupons
[*]Wilson claims she was attacked after she accidentally spilled her drink on him
[*]But it appears she did it on purpose in surveillance footage released by police
[*]Police said her forehead was scratched, but she claimed he cracked a rib
[*]Man drove off, and police are looking to question him 
</ul>

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z4Sqvldsa6

Coupons need to be out and ready to scan or I too am livid.  Heck, I get mad when people pull out a checkbook to pay for their groceries.

People use coupons?

Quote:Coupons need to be out and ready to scan or I too am livid.  Heck, I get mad when people pull out a checkbook to pay for their groceries.

It's getting like that for me when people pay cash. Funny how times change. Cash used to be the expedient method of payment, but swiping (or insertion) is so much faster.
Haven't some grocery stores started limiting the number and/or dollar value of coupons you can use to try and stop that stuff?

I got myself stuck behind a family of couponers once in Denver. It took almost 15 minutes to scan their two carts full of the crappiest items known to man (I did not know there were that many Vienna sausages in the world), then another ten minutes to scan all their coupons, then another 10 minutes to cancel out the transaction and do everything with the coupons all over again. They had something like a $20 total because they gave the clerk their coupons in the wrong order for their whole little domino effect to work. And yes, they were [BLEEP] about it. The woman started yelling at the clerk for not doing it right when he scanned the coupons she gave him in the order she gave them to him in, and laid into the guy in line behind her for complaining when she insisted that they void the payment and start the coupons over from scratch. Apparently she has a right to feed her family or something.

Quote:Coupons need to be out and ready to scan or I too am livid.  Heck, I get mad when people pull out a checkbook to pay for their groceries.

Agreed. If I do use a checkbook at the grocery, I have everything filled out already, except the amount. It's just a courtesy. 
Quote:Haven't some grocery stores started limiting the number and/or dollar value of coupons you can use to try and stop that stuff?

I got myself stuck behind a family of couponers once in Denver. It took almost 15 minutes to scan their two carts full of the crappiest items known to man (I did not know there were that many Vienna sausages in the world), then another ten minutes to scan all their coupons, then another 10 minutes to cancel out the transaction and do everything with the coupons all over again. They had something like a $20 total because they gave the clerk their coupons in the wrong order for their whole little domino effect to work. And yes, they were [BAD WORD REMOVED] about it. The woman started yelling at the clerk for not doing it right when he scanned the coupons she gave him in the order she gave them to him in, and laid into the guy in line behind her for complaining when she insisted that they void the payment and start the coupons over from scratch. Apparently she has a right to feed her family or something.

Feeding her family vienna sausages should be illegal. They're nothing but lips and [BLEEP]holes.
Why didn't he just go to another line? But still, she deserved a light whoopin' after throwing her drink on him. 

And checkbooks? People still use checkbooks?

Quote:Why didn't he just go to another line? But still, she deserved a light whoopin' after throwing her drink on him. 

And checkbooks? People still use checkbooks?

Yes. I still use a checkbook. I'm old, cut me some slack!
It sounds justified to me.
I got stuck behind an extreme coupon lady who had a cart full of stuff in the self checkout line. Talk about aggravation. There were lines no matter what but you don't go to self checkout with your binder of coupons and a cart full of stuff. I had five things. Ugh.