Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thieves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isn't it great when you work 50 hours a week...forget your wallet in your car...and the next morning it's gone?  I park right up next to my house under the carport.  I think I forgot to lock my car doors and left my wallet in there while taking my twins inside after school yesterday.  

Irritates me to know that I work hard to make money and some low life thinks it's okay to take what I earned.  WHAT A GREAT MORNING!

Quote:Isn't it great when you work 50 hours a week...forget your wallet in your car...and the next morning it's gone? I park right up next to my house under the carport. I think I forgot to lock my car doors and left my wallet in there while taking my twins inside after school yesterday.

Irritates me to know that I work hard to make money and some low life thinks it's okay to take what I earned. WHAT A GREAT MORNING!
Not exactly the same thing. But my wife got home from work last night and somebody had stolen a cast iron birdbath out of our front flowerbed RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSE. It wasn't worth any more than $100 but it had sentimental value to her. This is in a fairly upscale neighborhood and they just walked up into the front yard and stole it.
Public square, whipping post, blood running down the crack of offending thief's butt.  Give them the choice: whipping post or incarceration and criminal record.

I know, I know, cruel and unusual punishment and all that lofty moral righteousness stuff.  But a guy can dream, can't he?

Quote:Not exactly the same thing. But my wife got home from work last night and somebody had stolen a cast iron birdbath out of our front flowerbed RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSE. It wasn't worth any more than $100 but it had sentimental value to her. This is in a fairly upscale neighborhood and they just walked up into the front yard and stole it.

You think someone stole it to sell it for scrap?  Just craziness that people do that stuff.  "Oh, you work and earned the things you bought?  HA!  I'll just take it and go buy some meth!"
A few years ago I was going on a long-distance trip to visit some family, and I packed my roughly thirty favorite dvd's, and my ipod -- an ipod that contained almost every song I've (intensely) enjoyed in the last fifteen years -- in a zip-up CD case.  I stopped by a gas station that a friend of mine was working at before heading out, and talked for maybe fifteen minutes -- having made the grave mistake of leaving my window down....   So yeah, you can see where I'm going with this.

I didn't even realize it until three days later, because I didn't really want to believe it.  I would check the car, knowing full well that I'd placed it on the seat next to me when I left, and then tell myself, "You must have just put it in the trunk or something, for whatever imbecilic reason"; and then I would put off actually checking the trunk out of the fear that there would be nothing there to find.

Really, really sucked....

Thieves suck.

When I was younger my parents bought me a fossil watch and I put it in my bag while I played basketball. Came back and someone must have rummaged through my bag and stole it.
Quote:Not exactly the same thing. But my wife got home from work last night and somebody had stolen a cast iron birdbath out of our front flowerbed RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSE. It wasn't worth any more than $100 but it had sentimental value to her. This is in a fairly upscale neighborhood and they just walked up into the front yard and stole it.

Several years ago I had someone come up in my yard and take a huge bougainvillea. It was in a very large pot but it had actually grown roots down into the ground so they had to dig it out a little! It was something my mother in law gave me that I babied for years before it FINALLY started to bloom again...that's when they stole it! I was ready to hunt someone down and hurt them over that tree!!!!

WHO STEALS A TREE????
Quote:Several years ago I had someone come up in my yard and take a huge bougainvillea. It was in a very large pot but it had actually grown roots down into the ground so they had to dig it out a little! It was something my mother in law gave me that I babied for years before it FINALLY started to bloom again...that's when they stole it! I was ready to hunt someone down and hurt them over that tree!!!!

WHO STEALS A TREE????
That's crazy there. I'd be highly ticked if I had a plant stolen. Love working out in the yard and caring for my plants. (On a side note, not a bougainvillea fan anymore, to much work up this way covering it, and even when you do, still susceptible to the cold)

All these stories suck. I had my whole wallet stolen out of my driveway before too. I rarely if ever locked my truck when at home. I still occassionally don't.
So in case you guys are interested, I have two wallets, a cast iron birdbath that may or may not have been my emergency toilet for a few days, several DVDs, an iPOD with some really, really bad music on it, and boogievilla plant that is slightly dug up for sale.

PM me for the deets.

I had my basketball stolen from me when I was around 13. Couple of kids came to our neighborhood court and I told them they could play with my ball. And they took my ball and ran. Damn they were fast. I figured they needed that ball a hell of a lot more than me.
Not exactly the same thing, but after getting some items from the store, I brought them into my house. The dogs were acting strange at the front window, so I went and looked. My car was engulfed in flames. And..... yes, my wallet was in my center console. That sucked.

Quote:Not exactly the same thing, but after getting some items from the store, I brought them into my house. The dogs were acting strange at the front window, so I went and looked. My car was engulfed in flames. And..... yes, my wallet was in my center console. That sucked.

The dogs acting strange? I could be wrong...but I think your dogs set your car on fire.
Quote:The dogs acting strange? I could be wrong...but I think your dogs set your car on fire.

And probably looked like his avatar when he Dakota ran outside.
Quote:And probably looked like his avatar when he Dakota ran outside.

I was think that too!! :yes:
Quote:The dogs acting strange? I could be wrong...but I think your dogs set your car on fire.

They were trying to inform him that the cat had a lighter and a can of gas.
Quote:They were trying to inform him that the cat had a lighter and a can of gas.

That's what he gets for thinking cats aren't cool!!
Quote:That's what he gets for thinking cats aren't cool!!

And it was a Siamese cat.  Those things hold grudges.  At least mine does.
Quote:And it was a Siamese cat.  Those things hold grudges.  At least mine does.

I can see that. :yes:
sucks man, I'm with homebiscuit public whipping square sounds good to me.