Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Elon Musk and Uber Chief Now Advising Trump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Moonbase and Mars colony soon? United Solar States of the Galaxy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...ald-trump/
Musk is an incredibly smart, forward thinking guy. Sounds good to me if it's not just a publicity stunt. 

Quote:Musk is an incredibly smart, forward thinking guy. Sounds good to me if it's not just a publicity stunt.

I wouldn't think so. He spoke during the campaign about getting the heads of tech giants together to advance technologies such as cyber security and space exploration. Looks like he is following through.
Quote:I wouldn't think so. He spoke during the campaign about getting the heads of tech giants together to advance technologies such as cyber security and space exploration. Looks like he is following through.

Looks like he's following through on a lot!
Elon Musk and some no name...

Too bad Trump isn't forward thinking on climate change.

I guess we shouldn't expect the $4.9 b-b-b-billion Musk has gotten in federal grants to be curtailed at any rate. 

From earlier today....

[Image: OXIxIlV.jpg]

Well it's nice that Uber who really love the working man will now get their hands on policy.

That swamp is overflowing.
Quote:Well it's nice that Uber who really love the working man will now get their hands on policy.

That swamp is overflowing.

Your interpretation of the swamp is much different than the people who actually voted for Trump.
Quote:Your interpretation of the swamp is much different than the people who actually voted for Trump.

That's because your head appears to be in the swamp. I think everyone knew this administration will be very big business friendly. Not sure that will help the angry working man who voted for him though.
Quote:That's because your head appears to be in the swamp. I think everyone knew this administration will be very big business friendly. Not sure that will help the angry working man who voted for him though.

You arent sure how big business expanding in the US will help the working man?

You must be a certain kind of special.
Ah I see the ol trickle down. Jobs obviously are good. Uber drivers on worse rates than traditional drivers and forcing all the risk on to the drivers. Not so great.

I took a 9 minute Uber (hypocrisy I know) the other day and it cost me $8. So the guy probably got $7 if he was lucky. The whole trip probably took him more than 15 minutes pickup driving around etc. Assuming he got another job within a couple of minutes his best case scenario really is making less than $30.other times would be much slower I imagine.After you take off all the running costs of the car he wouldn't even make the $18 minimum wage most hours.

But hey I get a cheap ride.
Quote:Ah I see the ol trickle down. Jobs obviously are good. Uber drivers on worse rates than traditional drivers and forcing all the risk on to the drivers. Not so great.

I took a 9 minute Uber (hypocrisy I know) the other day and it cost me $8. So the guy probably got $7 if he was lucky. The whole trip probably took him more than 15 minutes pickup driving around etc. Assuming he got another job within a couple of minutes his best case scenario really is making less than $30.other times would be much slower I imagine.After you take off all the running costs of the car he wouldn't even make the $18 minimum wage most hours.

But hey I get a cheap ride.

$18 minimum wage? You guys have an $18 minimum wage!?
Quote:$18 minimum wage? You guys have an $18 minimum wage!?

Aussie dollar probably about 14 usd at current rate. Though obviously varies were 1/1 a couple years back.

You would get 20 days paid annual leave on top too. Obviously Uber tries to pretend drivers aren't employees to avoid.
Yeah I hear you get paid a ton in Ozland but everything is expensive... apart from goon
Quote:Yeah I hear you get paid a ton in Ozland but everything is expensive... apart from goon

Yeah Ausland is hella expensive.
Quote:Yeah I hear you get paid a ton in Ozland but everything is expensive... apart from goon

Yeah the goon, backpackers love it.

Yeah things a bit more expensive but atleast you don't have to tip anyone.

Id say the average man has a better standard of living here than Britain.
It's a good move and look for him. But it does kind of contradict his own personal views on Climate Change. Musk absolutely believes in it. Interesting to say the least. 

Quote:It's a good move and look for him. But it does kind of contradict his own personal views on Climate Change. Musk absolutely believes in it. Interesting to say the least. 

Technology doesn't (and shouldn't) revolve around the climate. Having Elon and crew around is good for advancements in space technology, wireless communication, network infrastructure, cyber security, and others as well. Just because he disagrees with Trump on climate change doesn't mean that is all they will focus on.
Quote:Technology doesn't (and shouldn't) revolve around the climate. Having Elon and crew around is good for advancements in space technology, wireless communication, network infrastructure, cyber security, and others as well. Just because he disagrees with Trump on climate change doesn't mean that is all they will focus on.

I know. I am aware of that. I just find it quite an interesting selection and good move overall for his future as the president. I think people have mixed views on Climate Change or Global Warming. Personally I think Climate Change is the proper term and it does indeed exist. But I think regardless of what people think in terms of human contribution it's still an inevitable and natural cycle of our planet. It heats up, cools off, freezes, thaws and returns to a more balanced period all on it's own. Or when the Sun decides to blast one off and heat up the index some more. 
Pages: 1 2