Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What MMORPG's are hot right now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for some suggestions for a new MMORPG to play.

I built a pretty good gaming PC, and I still have yet to get into a PC game to get into. I'm interested in diving into an MMO with a great community and minimal repetitiveness-- something a little more than just quests like  'gather 10 spiderwebs and bring it back to me'.

For reference, I used to be big on Diablo II, and played Ragnarok a good bit.

I used to play WoW for awhile, but I left about 4 years ago. Probably the best choice that I ever made seeing how the game is considered to be on its last legs now.

I'm playing Warframe on the PS4 and its a pretty good game. I definitely like the story and the combat system.

I don't know if anything will beat Diablo 2, that game was addicting. I bought Diablo 3 hoping it would be as good, but only played that for about a month before it got boring. Ahhh the good ole days.
Do they still play rise of Rome anywhere?

CHO WAR!!!
Wildstar, ESO and Everquest Next are the big ones coming out that I'm aware of.

Quote:Wildstar, ESO and Everquest Next are the big ones coming out that I'm aware of.
I thought Everquest was dead?
Quote:I don't know if anything will beat Diablo 2, that game was addicting. I bought Diablo 3 hoping it would be as good, but only played that for about a month before it got boring. Ahhh the good ole days.

Torchlight 2 was slightly more enjoyable than diablo 3, and is dirt cheap during sales.  It isn't a MMORPG, more like a MMOFPS but Planetside 2 is fun, and free.   
Quote:I thought Everquest was dead?

I can't speak to how many people still play EQ or EQ2 but the new one looks pretty good.
Quote:I used to play WoW for awhile, but I left about 4 years ago. Probably the best choice that I ever made seeing how the game is considered to be on its last legs now.

I'm playing Warframe on the PS4 and its a pretty good game. I definitely like the story and the combat system.

What's warframe about? Worth the cost?
Path of Exile is a pretty good game. It's alot like Diablo 2

Does Age of Empire 2 count?

I heard Hansel is so hot right now. 

Quote:I heard Hansel is so hot right now. 

Gretel says "Ewwwwuh".
Hansel knows how to turn left, he's got all the tools...

I played EQ2 for a while, and it was really fun. The new one, EQ Next looks pretty sick. If I didn't other responsibilities, I'd be itching to play that one!!

On a side note, my 4 year old and I are killing it at Rayman Legends!! :-) it's a pretty sweet game
If you want something fun, I've been in the titanfall beta and it's great.  I don't even really care for fps that much, but it's entertaining, it's like call of duty but actually fun. 

If no one's up for Cho war, does anyone wanna play legions at least?  I'll go Assyrian you go Roman, and I'll still own you....  

Archers?  My final offer.

Quote:I heard Hansel is so hot right now. 

He doesn't have Blue Steel OR Magnum!
I used to play EQOA on the PS2 a long time ago. That's really what got me into MMORPG's. WoW was okay for awhile. I got burned out during WotLK and that was it for me. BC was the best expansion they had, and after that, it just went downhill. I have the same feelings regarding Diablo III. Diablo and Diablo II were awesome. I have my PS4 coming to me soon, I'll end up getting Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition for it in a few months once Blizzard releases it.

Right now though, I tried Finaly Fantasy: A Realm Reborn on the PS3. Again, just couldn't get into it and stick with it. Defiance was pretty fun for awhile on the PS3. Again, got burned out. The only hope I have left now is ESO coming out on the PS4 soon I hope. I love Oblivion and Skyrim, and I am hoping Bethesda doesn't let me down with ESO. I REALLY hope they attempt to maybe someday transition the Fallout series into an MMORPG. That would be awesome. Fallout 3 was a blast to play. And it's rare that I ever get into a FPSRPG style game.
Fallout would be the greatest game ever if they added co op, a full blown MMO would just push it even further in the lead. 

Quote:What's warframe about? Worth the cost?
Warframe is a Sci-Fi MMORPG on the PS4.

The game is free to play which is either a good thing, or a really bad thing in MMO terms.