Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Robert Saleh Named Linebackers Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/432240000567369728' title="2:50 PM - 8 Feb 2014">23m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Per source, <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23jaguars&src=hash'>#jaguars</a> hire Robert Saleh as linebackers coach and Scottie Hazelton as assistant linebackers coach.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/432240271196438528' title="2:51 PM - 8 Feb 2014">22m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Saleh was previously Seattle quality control-defense and Hazelton was defensive coordinator at Nevada. <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

From Seattle's webpage:

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);">Hired on February 8, 2011, Saleh begins his second season with Seattle after spending six years with the Houston Texans, including the last two as assistant linebackers coach.

<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);">With Seattle, Saleh is responsible for assisting coordinator Gus Bradley with day-to-day responsibilities and aids Ken Norton, Jr. on and off the field with the development of the linebacking corps.
<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);"> 

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);">Linebackers were regarded as the strongest group of the 2009 Houston defense. The group boasted the 2006 and 2009 AP Defensive Rookies of the Year in DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing, respectively.

<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);">Saleh served as the Texans defensive assistant for four seasons (2005-08), handling the quality control aspects of the defense, similar to his duties with Seattle this season.

<p style="color:rgb(61,61,61);font-family:'Arial Regular', Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,254,254);">Saleh joined the Texans during the 2005 season after spending the previous four seasons at the collegiate level; working at Georgia (2005), Central Michigan (2004) and Michigan State (2002-03). Born in Dearborn, Mich., on January 31, 1979, Saleh attended Northern Michigan University where he started at tight end for four years. He and his wife, Sanaa, have two sons, Adam and Zane.

He's no stranger to the position group and seems to fit the mold of younger ascending coaches that Caldwell spoke of last year.  Time will tell I suppose. 

Congratulations, Mr. Saleh.  Welcome to Jacksonville.  Now,  do your job!!  

I can't help but feel like his real title should be "Assistant to Coach Babich" but that's just me.

Not that it's a bad thing, I just feel like a LB coach on this staff is a bit superfluous.
<b>Jaguars | Two coaches hired</b>

Quote:<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">Sat, 08 Feb 2014 11:59:36 -0800

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Open Sans', sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">The Jacksonville Jaguars have reportedly hired Robert Saleh to be their linebackers coach and Scottie Hazelton to be their assistant linebackers coach.

Source: The Florida Times-Union - Ryan O'Halloran
- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/player/29509/NFL/Rob...wBjod.dpuf

Hazleton was LB coach at USC and prior to that part of the now commonly associated North Dakota State program as defensive coordinator. 

I don't know how to feel about this hire. Where's TMD when I need him?

Happy, Sad, Upset, out of my mind? I have no clue. I need the eye test, stat!

I remember reading a few weeks ago that someone predicted this guy to be our new LB coach. I think it was on BCC.
Quote:I don't know how to feel about this hire. Where's TMD when I need him?

Happy, Sad, Upset, out of my mind? I have no clue. I need the eye test, stat!
Oh, I'm sure it's safe to assume they are "bum-nobodies" with no real resume' to speak of.   We continue t take on NDS cronies and Seattle cast-offs while our division rivals become powerhouses with the likes of Rob Chudzinski and Mike Vrabel.  Go ahead and panic. 

We're doomed!!! Doomed, I say!  
Quote:Oh, I'm sure it's safe to assume they are "bum-nobodies" with no real resume' to speak of.   We continue t take on NDS cronies and Seattle cast-offs while our division rivals become powerhouses with the likes of Rob Chudzinski and Mike Vrabel.  Go ahead and panic. 

We're doomed!!! Doomed, I say!  

http://youtu.be/Z7N3sG1x-Ck
Quote:http://youtu.be/Z7N3sG1x-Ck
best post ever lmao 
I've never even heard of this guy before, but having read 5 sentences which outline his experience of coaching football I feel confident in saying that he is a terrible coach, Andy Reid wouldn't even allow him into the building to clean toilets and that he is generally trash as a human being.

If you disagree, you're shill who is directly responsible for the losing culture in Jacksonville.

Quote:I've never even heard of this guy before, but having read 5 sentences which outline his experience of coaching football I feel confident in saying that he is a terrible coach, Andy Reid wouldn't even allow him into the building to clean toilets and that he is generally trash as a human being.

If you disagree, you're shill who is directly responsible for the losing culture in Jacksonville.

It's all part of the tanking charade.  If the truth be known, Goodell made this hire himself.  It became too risky recruiting 'pay to tank' coaches already on the payroll.  Now the big guy is planting his own people on the staffs of teams deemed unworthy of NFL GREATNESS.  Pretty clever, if you ask me.

Btw, Caldwell and company were paid 'a little bonus' to look the other way.  Shad is in on it because he's looking to move the team to London anyway.  
Quote:It's all part of the tanking charade.  If the truth be known, Goodell made this hire himself.  It became too risky recruiting 'pay to tank' coaches already on the payroll.  Now the big guy is planting his own people on the staffs of teams deemed unworthy of NFL GREATNESS.  Pretty clever, if you ask me.

Btw, Caldwell and company were paid 'a little bonus' to look the other way.  Shad is in on it because he's looking to move the team to London anyway.  

There are no faults with this analysis.
Quote:I've never even heard of this guy before, but having read 5 sentences which outline his experience of coaching football I feel confident in saying that he is a terrible coach, Andy Reid wouldn't even allow him into the building to clean toilets and that he is generally trash as a human being.

LOL...Stop It...

NH3...
Coach Bradley is surrounding himself w/coaches that he's familiar/comfortable/w... I have no clue of whom he is but if Bradley believes then I believe...

NH3...
Scottie Hazelton has a nice resume for an assistant position coach.

In something that might only interest me...Hazelton, who coached under Babich/Bradley at NDSU, last year coached under Brian Polian, who went to high school with Dave Caldwell. Small world.

Quote:Coach Bradley is surrounding himself w/coaches that he's familiar/comfortable/w... I have no clue of whom he is but if Bradley believes then I believe...

NH3...

We deserve better!!! Why couldn't we get (insert bigger name coach)
It's official.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Pres...4c401df7cd

Quote: 

“We are excited about the two new additions to the coaching staff,” Bradley said. “I have known both men for a number of years and I know what they will bring to our staff.  Both men are extremely hard working individuals and have a passion and desire to help our team get better.”

You can all return to panic mode now..... 

I really like the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. Get some pass rushers and more speed at LB and it could be a nice group.

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  23m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Per source, #jaguars hire Robert Saleh as linebackers coach and Scottie Hazelton as assistant linebackers coach.

<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

Ryan O'Halloran ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@ryanohalloran</span>  22m
<p style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Saleh was previously Seattle quality control-defense and Hazelton was defensive coordinator at Nevada. #Jaguars

</div>
I love the fact that we are stealing Seattle staff..
Quote:I love the fact that we are stealing Seattle staff..

He worked under Gus at North Dakota.  So - I'd guess that's how he ended up in Seattle in the first place. 
Pages: 1 2