Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: US ready to return to moon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

US ready to return to moon

America is preparing to land a robot on the moon for the first time in four decades.

Nasa is looking for private partners to participate in the project that will see a new generation of rovers wandering across the moon’s surface.

The American space agency has set up a programme called Catalyst to exploit commercial opportunities offered by the moon.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...-moon.html

Why? What are they trying to accomplish?

"We landed on the Moon!"

Moon pies?
Can we nominate board members to replace the robot?  

Quote:Can we nominate board members to replace the robot?
I'll go!
Quote:Why? What are they trying to accomplish?

There are opportunities for natural resource farming up there. NASA is not funding the actual expeditions, just offering their expertise and facilities to private interests.
Quote:There are opportunities for natural resource farming up there. NASA is not funding the actual expeditions, just offering their expertise and facilities to private interests.
I wonder how they'll start to divvy up those resources when 3 or 4 nations have this "moon landing" deal down pat? 
Quote:I wonder how they'll start to divvy up those resources when 3 or 4 nations have this "moon landing" deal down pat? 

I think they will use one of these.

[Image: 12552cheese_cutter.jpg]
Quote:I think they will use one of these.

[Image: 12552cheese_cutter.jpg]
:teehee:  :teehee:

Good one, rollerjag. 
Good.

Maybe now we can win this Cold War once and for all!
They're only going 'back' so they can say they grabbed the flag in case another country actually makes it in the next so many years  Ninja

Either that or we're going to get ready to build the first Lunar Colony.   :o

Quote:Good.

Maybe now we can win this Cold War once and for all!

Only if it's fought on the dark side of the moon.

Quote:They're only going 'back' so they can say they grabbed the flag in case another country actually makes it in the next so many years  Ninja

Either that or we're going to get ready to build the first Lunar Colony.   :o
1)  Ninja

2) Don't get ahead of yourself.
Lunar death ray 

"Jaguars Owner Shad Khan seen meeting with NASA officials, Jacksonville Jaguars speculated to be moving to the moon, keep tuned in to ESPN for more news"

"One of these days, Alice..."

Quote:"One of these days, Alice..."
"...right in the kisser!"   -- oh, wait....
Quote:There are opportunities for natural resource farming up there. NASA is not funding the actual expeditions, just offering their expertise and facilities to private interests.

huh what kind of resources? is there a natural gas or something on the moon? and how in the world would it be worth transporting back here?
Quote:huh what kind of resources? is there a natural gas or something on the moon? and how in the world would it be worth transporting back here?

Helium-3 is a major one and is the reason Harrison Schmitt, the only geologist to ever walk on the moon, encourages our return there to mine it.  He's convinced Helium-3 is why the Chinese have increased their interest in exploring the moon.

Oh, and green cheese.  Lots and lots of green cheese.
Pages: 1 2