Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The rebirth of a franchise!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pete Carroll had the insight to keep Bradley when he became coach of the Seahawks. I'm sure many fans wanted Bradley's head after his first season as defensive coordinator. The defense was terrible, yet Carroll let Bradley remain in a key position. Under Carroll's tutelage Bradley not only proved he was a good defensive coordinator but learned what it would take to become a successful head coach in the NFL. 

First you must establish what the franchise expects from there players if they are to become a Jaguar. Bradley set the standards and never strayed form his message! Player development by elevating your work ethic and play every day you step on the practice field. Never believe you have achieved your ceiling of development, there is always room for improvement. Work on the weak areas of your play, they will have to be improved if you are to become an elite player. To be a Jaguar player you must play fast and aggressive until the whistle blows. Nothing but 100% will be accepted on the playing or practice field! To insure these principles are adhered to, use competition to motivate and evaluate each player. This is the new standard that the franchise has established to become a Jaguar! 

A quick look at Bradly's  development under Pete Carroll. 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2009, under Bradley's guidance the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 356.4 yards (24th in the league) and to score 24.4 points per game (25th). The Seahawks finished the season with a 5–11 record (3rd in the NFC West, 25th in the NFL), and subsequently replaced head coach Jim L. Mora with Pete Carroll.<sup>[4]</sup> Carroll decided to keep Bradley for the 2010 season.<sup>[5]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2010, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 368.6 yards (27th in the league) and to score 25.4 points per game (25th).<sup>[6]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2011, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 332.2 yards (9th in the league) and to score 19.7 points per game (7th).

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2012, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 306.2 yards (4th in the league) and to score 15.3 points per game (1st).<sup>[7]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">The future is bright if Caldwell drafts the right players! First year draft very good.

I'm excited
the difference is all in the players drafted

It's a great time to be a Jaguar fan, no doubt about it.
Crazy how stacked that defense is. 3rd stringers that could start for other teams
The one thing that I like about the direction that the Jags are goind right now is to obtain guys that play fast.  Get playmakers. 

I envision similar success as Seattle especially on defense but the true comparison is w/Caldwell and his selection process...

NH3...
What's his name, Dan Quinn(?) The new DC, deserves a lot of credit. Bradley knows how to run a team and defense but yes, he got a TON of help. Carroll used to college experience to his advantage to find good players late and undrafted. One analyst posed question of how future drafts will shape out now, as all of the guys Carroll scouted and coached are now out of school. Interesting stuff
Carroll and Bradley's coaching style demand hard work and commitment. It only works when the players see improvement in their game, then they begin to respect the coaching and start to buy into the system. When you couple that with a level playing field that rewards players that work hard and elevate their game, it allows players to secure starting jobs with little consideration of what round they were drafted in. The result of this Mentality is the defensive players starting on the Seattle Seahawks. The quarterback position may be treated differently, but that is to be expected. Although we were able to see that even that position will be limited to how long you can hold off a change in the starter if the backup is out performing the starter ( example Blaine Gabbert)  Players love and respect that concept of coaching and it was why Gus never lost his locker room after eight loses. I find it very hard to criticize the new direction Mr. Khan has moved the team by hiring the current  coaching staff and management personal. The arrow is not pointing upward it is basting off!

I like both, Bradley and Caldwell. Can they build a championship team? Don't know and wont know untill next Sept/Oct. They won four games, two against the team with the worst record (Houston), 1 against a team where the starting QB was hurt in the game and the back-up came in. The back-up almost won the game for them and they came back from a sizeable deficit (Tennessee), and they beat the team that has the next draft pick after the Jags (Cleveland). Those two teams were basically equal. All other teams bet the Jags by double digits....They are far, far away from being a winner. I will see who the hire in free agency, and draft in May. 

In my book, they are still a losing franchise. Even the bookies think that. Next year the bookies have them at 32nd.

Quote:Pete Carroll had the insight to keep Bradley when he became coach of the Seahawks. I'm sure many fans wanted Bradley's head after his first season as defensive coordinator. The defense was terrible, yet Carroll let Bradley remain in a key position. Under Carroll's tutelage Bradley not only proved he was a good defensive coordinator but learned what it would take to become a successful head coach in the NFL. 

First you must establish what the franchise expects from there players if they are to become a Jaguar. Bradley set the standards and never strayed form his message! Player development by elevating your work ethic and play every day you step on the practice field. Never believe you have achieved your ceiling of development, there is always room for improvement. Work on the weak areas of your play, they will have to be improved if you are to become an elite player. To be a Jaguar player you must play fast and aggressive until the whistle blows. Nothing but 100% will be accepted on the playing or practice field! To insure these principles are adhered to, use competition to motivate and evaluate each player. This is the new standard that the franchise has established to become a Jaguar! 

A quick look at Bradly's  development under Pete Carroll. 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2009, under Bradley's guidance the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 356.4 yards (24th in the league) and to score 24.4 points per game (25th). The Seahawks finished the season with a 5–11 record (3rd in the NFC West, 25th in the NFL), and subsequently replaced head coach Jim L. Mora with Pete Carroll.<sup>[4]</sup> Carroll decided to keep Bradley for the 2010 season.<sup>[5]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2010, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 368.6 yards (27th in the league) and to score 25.4 points per game (25th).<sup>[6]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2011, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 332.2 yards (9th in the league) and to score 19.7 points per game (7th).

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">In 2012, the Seahawks' defense allowed opponents to gain 306.2 yards (4th in the league) and to score 15.3 points per game (1st).<sup>[7]</sup>

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-familyConfusedans-serif;font-size:13px;">The future is bright if Caldwell drafts the right players! First year draft very good.
One could also argue that since the Defense was close to the same at the bottom of the league without Pete Carroll but still Bradley in 09, and then in 2010 (Carroll's first year) that it might have done more with Pete Carroll's involvement with the D & Players drafted than it did with Bradley.

I hope not, I hope that it was all Gus since thats what we got..
Not everyone can get a shut down corner in the 5th round.