Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Now THIS is why I argued for Justin Blackmon...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
instead of Michael Floyd in 2012.

I was afraid of THIS happening with Floyd.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18263...er-charges

Floyd had a history of alcohol related issues at Notre Dame. 

Blackmon had the one highly publicized DUI.

As we know, it turned out just the opposite.

Sigh.

Michael Floyd is certainly a major reason why the Cardinals are 5-7-1 and arguably the # 1 disappointing team in the 2016 NFL season.

Actually I hate revisiting this.

Had Blackmon been able to stay sober...

Perhaps we win a couple of more games in  2013.

Perhaps we miss out on Bortles and then take Carr.

Perhaps we miss out on Lee and Robinson.  Perhaps we spend those picks elsewhere.

Hmmm a sober Blackmon, Carr, maybe Robinson opposite Blackmon...

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!   Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

This year everyone seems to be happy we did not miss out on Lee. LOL

tbqh, if I were forced to play for the Jaguars, I'd probably become an alcoholic too.

I love what if's ... If the Buffalo Bills won just one more game in 1993, they wouldn't have picked OJ Simpson, he'd never meet his wife... and there would be no Kardashians!!!! 

Quote:I love what if's ... If the Buffalo Bills won just one more game in 1993, they wouldn't have picked OJ Simpson, he'd never meet his wife... and there would be no Kardashians!!!! 

I don't like dealing in "what if's", but you just depressed me. Why Buffalo? Why did you have to select O.J.? Imagine turning on the television and not having to look at a Kardashian. Wouldn't it be wonderful? 
Quote:I love what if's ... If the Buffalo Bills won just one more game in 1993, they wouldn't have picked OJ Simpson, he'd never meet his wife... and there would be no Kardashians!!!!

I dont mind alternate reality fiction, but what does Buffalo winning a game in 1993 have to do with The Juice?
Quote:I dont mind alternate reality fiction, but what does Buffalo winning a game in 1993 have to do with The Juice?
Seriously, OJ was drafted way before 93.

What do the Kardashians have to do with Buffalo's record in 1993?

I know for a fact O.J. Simpson had nothing to do with it.

Quote:What do the Kardashians have to do with Buffalo's record in 1993?

Stop plagurizing my questions.
Quote:What do the Kardashians have to do with Buffalo's record in 1993?

Sorry, the year of the trial was '93

So the Bills picked 1st overall in 1969 .. If the Bill won just one more game they would have picked 2nd and OJ would be a Falcon or Eagle and OJ would have never met Nicole Brown 

Long story, short... Mr. Kardashian was OJ's lawyer .. So Juice has everything to do with our what if scenario 

So remember folks, every game matters
Quote:Sorry, the year of the trial was '93

So the Bills picked 1st overall in 1969 .. If the Bills won just one more game they would have picked 2nd and OJ would be a Falcon or Eagle and OJ would have never met Nicole Brown 

Long story, short... Mr. Kardashian was OJ's lawyer .. So Juice has everything to do with our what if scenario 

So remember folks, every game matters

The trial was in 1995. O.J. Simpson's lawyer was Johnny Cochran iIRC.
Quote:The trial was in 1995. O.J. Simpson's lawyer was Johnny Cochran iIRC.

Robert Kardashian was also his defense attorney:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kardashian
I liked Floyd.  Sad to hear that he got a DUI.  I wonder if his regression has to do with his alcoholism.

Blackmon and Floyd should have both been red flags probably.  I think we were all in "We need a WR" mode, forgetting that Blaine Gabbert was our Quarterback. 

Quote:I liked Floyd.  Sad to hear that he got a DUI.  I wonder if his regression has to do with his alcoholism.

Blackmon and Floyd should have both been red flags probably.  I think we were all in "We need a WR" mode, forgetting that Blaine Gabbert was our Quarterback. 

I agree with the OP on Blackmon having only one DUI. Obviously we failed to research his drinking habits, but IMO one DUI should not be a red flag. If we had seen a pattern of illegal drinking behavior, yes, I would have hated the pick.
Gordon, Blackmon And Floyd.

Law firm, accountants or AA meeting?
Lol I thought you were gonna say, Nicole would still be alive, instead you are worrying about the Kardashians lol thats funny
Quote:Lol I thought you were gonna say, Nicole would still be alive, instead you are worrying about the Kardashians lol thats funny

If O.J. Simpson never met Nicole Brown obviously she would be alive LOL.
Cardinals release Floyd.

Pages: 1 2