Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: For Jacksonville to be like Seattle and win Super Bowls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The Jaguars must draft Manziel and resign Mojo
Lol what...

Someone's been drinking at their Super Bowl party...
How about instead of trying to be the next Seattle, we try being the first Jacksonville?

Yes, Manziel and Wilson have strikingly similar physical qualities, but regarding the mental aspects, Manziel is the Bizarro World version of Wilson. They are emotionally and mentally polar opposites. From my observations the mental aspects of being a QB is more important than the physical. At this level of play most QBs posses the physical qualities, the issues come with the mental.

Look no further than Gabbert. A super star on the practice field, a super slob on the game field.

Quote:The Jaguars must draft Manziel and resign Mojo
Im with u! All yall denver fans.....bandwagon del rio huh? Yall ugly!!!! Gus era is here get used to it
Quote:Im with u! All yall denver fans.....bandwagon del rio huh? Yall ugly!!!! Gus era is here get used to it

Okay......

Yeah, let's stop all the Seattle comparisons and just focus on doing our own thing. 

Let's shock the world in 2014-2015.

I am loving how these we must draft a qb in first round or bust will spin a third rounder won it all.   Over there precious chokaholic luck.

Quote:I am loving how these we must draft a qb in first round or bust will spin a third rounder won it all. Over there precious chokaholic luck.

The only reason I say get manziel is because he plays like Wilson and you can't get him in the third we need a mobile qb
I think we can look at the Seattle blueprint as something to emulate, but I have no desire to be Seattle. I'd rather just be us... draft well, plug holes with strategic FA signings, and cultivate our young talent. We have an improving, (sometimes overly) physical defense, and a front office that has looked good so far. We need a franchise QB and RB to build our offense around and we'll be well on our way to success. 

And, for the record, that QB doesn't have to be picked at #3, IMHO. I'd rather not press the issue and select a playmaker at 3, regardless of his position. And, I look forward to watching this team grow under Gus' leadership. Maybe, one day, we'll get to all freak out together on a night like this...

Quote:Yes, Manziel and Wilson have strikingly similar physical qualities, but regarding the mental aspects, Manziel is the Bizarro World version of Wilson. They are emotionally and mentally polar opposites. From my observations the mental aspects of being a QB is more important than the physical. At this level of play most QBs posses the physical qualities, the issues come with the mental.

Look no further than Gabbert. A super star on the practice field, a super slob on the game field.
The only thing Manziel and Wilson have in common is they're both 5'10.
That had very little to do with Wilson last night.  They held the top scoring team in the NFL to 8 points.

Eight points.

Old fashioned smash-mouthed football won that game.  So much for the theory that the sky has to be filled with footballs to win in today's game. For once, I wish TMD were here so I could rag on him.

Once we got that guy at QB, the rest will work itself out. 

Quote:That had very little to do with Wilson last night. They held the top scoring team in the NFL to 8 points.

Eight points.

Old fashioned smash-mouthed football won that game. So much for the theory that the sky has to be filled with footballs to win in today's game. For once, I wish TMD were here so I could rag on him.

I'd rather talk to him about Chancellor.
haha i love when people drunk post. 

Quote:I'd rather talk to him about Chancellor.

^This.
Jags need to draft smart. Find gems in the late rounds of the draft and in UDFA and find their QB.

Why do we have to be like Seattle?

Quote:Why do we have to be like Seattle?

I agree. Why can't we be like San Fran?

- beast defense

- solid running game

- 3 straight NFCC appearances , 1 SB appearance

Oh wait,,,
Pages: 1 2 3