Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Superbowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow what a first play, reminded me of something I saw Meester do to Gabbert his first year.

This game is instructive for those who wonder how the Jags can compete with an Andrew Luck, etc for the next decade.  If Gus can build a defense here like the one in Seattle, a lot of great QBs will have bad days against the Jags.  Jon Cyprian is our Kam Chancellor. who is an early candidate for Super Bowl MVP if the Seattle defense continues to dominate.

This Super Bowl is telling me that defense still wins championships. I don't care how many records your offense sets.

The goal for the Jags is to be the next Seattle.  We have the deep-pockets owner who stays out of the football side.  We potentially have the GM that will find the needed talent, and we have the secret weapon in Gus Bradley, who I think has already earned a lot of respect in the league as a first-year coach.  His personality is contagious, and he can lead.  I see us going deep into the playoffs in a year or two.

Quote:The goal for the Jags is to be the next Seattle.  We have the deep-pockets owner who stays out of the football side.  We potentially have the GM that will find the needed talent, and we have the secret weapon in Gus Bradley, who I think has already earned a lot of respect in the league as a first-year coach.  His personality is contagious, and he can lead.  I see us going deep into the playoffs in a year or two.
Let's just focus on the Jaguars being the Jaguars and not the Seattle Seahawks okay?
So you're saying Gus shouldn't do the same things here that brought him success in Seattle?  It's a copycat league, but Gus would only be copying HIMSELF.  Or. he could try to become somebody else and move away from the principles he believes, to please some Jag fans that don't want to be Seattle.